Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Type 9 Gearbox
myke pocock

posted on 23/4/13 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Type 9 Gearbox

I want to uprate from a 4 speed to a 5 speed on my 1300 x flow engined car. I have the chance of a box from a 1.8CVH engined Sierra. Will that do the job? If so, will I need to transfer the bell housing from my 4 speed and should I get the speedo cable and anything else with the box? Cheers.
spiderman

posted on 24/4/13 at 01:08 AM Reply With Quote
4 speed bell housing is integral with the gearbox, so not possible. Good news is the 5 speed one is the same bolt pattern so no need to swap anyway. Type 9 gearbox fits the crossflow with just a clutch swap. Found this from another thread.

code:
posted on 14/6/07 at 12:09 PM Have you got the correct clutch plate? The 2 litre Sierra has a 215mm dia plate, which will be too big. You need an early 1.6 plate, which is 190mm dia the same as the crossflow was but with 23 splines. Quinton Hazell part no. C784AF. The crossflow pressure plate is the correct one to use (and is the same as the early 1.6 Sierra), and you need release bearing from 1.6 Sierra QH ref CCT132. If you get a clutch kit Quinton Hazell ref QKT152AF it'll have all the bits you need. Hope this helps. David

Spider

RoadkillUK

posted on 24/4/13 at 02:13 AM Reply With Quote
I believe that you will also need a new propshaft.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 24/4/13 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
If you can get it get the tin plate behind the flywheel , it's probably different to the one you have. A 1600 Sierra clutch fits but you might want to fit a gear shift extension to move the gear lever to hand

[Edited on 24/4/13 by rusty nuts]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.