Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mx5 Insurance - Short Term
perksy

posted on 24/4/13 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
mx5 Insurance - Short Term

Have a mate who is looking to sell his MX5 but needs to insure it short term in the interim.

Can anybody recommend anybody who would insure it for say 6 months only ?

Flux's want £240 apparently and just wandered of there's any others to try ?

Thanks.

jabs

posted on 25/4/13 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
Think this has been asked before and it is normally as cheap to insure for 12 months as it is 6.
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 25/4/13 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
try RH Classics.

RH Classics

good price for me for a year, certainly cheaper than Adrian Flux.

madmandegge

posted on 25/4/13 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
The other option is find a more expensive 12 month policy, but make sure they allow you to get a refund without too many charges, etc. I know a policy I got through Frank Pickles only let me cancel with a refund after a month or two, anything over that and there was no refund for the remainder of the policy.
Slimy38

posted on 25/4/13 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by madmandegge
The other option is find a more expensive 12 month policy, but make sure they allow you to get a refund without too many charges, etc. I know a policy I got through Frank Pickles only let me cancel with a refund after a month or two, anything over that and there was no refund for the remainder of the policy.

Mine is only slightly better, I can get a partial refund for the first few months but nothing after. And even then it's something like 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 10% as the months go on.

If it's only in use for six months, perhaps a limited mileage policy would work?

madmandegge

posted on 25/4/13 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38

Mine is only slightly better, I can get a partial refund for the first few months but nothing after. And even then it's something like 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 10% as the months go on.

If it's only in use for six months, perhaps a limited mileage policy would work?

I think my view on it would be that if you can pay more (even a few hundred pounds) but get a policy that states a full refund is available with a surcharge throughout the policy period. As long as you sell it quick enough you should get most of the policy cost back.

I suppose the other option (albeit a bit deceitful) is looking into a pay monthy policy, then simply cancel the direct debit when you're finished with the insurance? If the "police camera action" shows are anything to go on, nothing happens to those that don't pay the direct debit, and the insurance is just cancelled. Or would that damage your credit history due to the fees applied to a pay monthly policy?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.