Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Spring rates
Nurburg2006

posted on 11/5/13 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
Spring rates

Hello guys I am taking out my xflow and going to fit my blade 919 in I am unsure of the spring rating at the moment any help would be good also what rad should I use or just keep what's in there. Any pictures of a blade locost engine compartment paddle shift pictures with rods or cable. That would be good. Cheers
mark chandler

posted on 11/5/13 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Spring rates are hard to judge as the angle of the shock and position on the wishbone affects the rates, best to just wind down the spring platforms and balance with what you have to see how you get on.

Plenty of pictures in my archive, placement of the engine also depends upon a number of things, mine follows the side rail, others follow the central line of the car, unless you are making the exhaust from scratch it would be worth bolting this all together then locate the engine as diagonals, height etc will all affect position.

Cooling, I have a polo rad and its fine

I,m sure there are much better pictures of shift mechanisms than on mine, I have a vertical pivot to take the motion from the bike gear lever to the top of the transmission tunnel with a small rod with rosé joints at the bottom, at the top it turns 90 degrees and a long rod again with ball joints carries this across to the gear shift.

For the splined lever off the gearbox a monkey bike gear lever is ideal as you can cut and weld easily

Stomp Pit Bike Monkey Gear Shifter selector 110 140 125 Demon X | eBay

Cheers Mark

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 11/5/13 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
If you weren't so far away you could come and have a look at my 919 install, offer is open if you are ever up this way.

The small polo rad is plenty for cooling and the connections are in good places.

Spring rates are dependant on loads of things but I have 400lb/in at the front and 300lb/in at the rear. But my front shocks are at very shallow angle. You probably won't be far off with a pair of 300's and and a pair 350's though.

Have you considered a stick shift right next to the steering wheel? (WRC and Touring car style) the racing drivers I consulted preferred it over paddles to do a mechanical linkage. Mines a lever from an MK with a rod to a rocker above the bike shifter and the a short rod down to a modified bike lever.

There are some pics in my archive of my 919 build

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.