Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megabusa nearly done, few questions
88musar88

posted on 29/5/13 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Megabusa nearly done, few questions

Hi All,

Thanks to Danny & Steve at MK I now have a working wiring loom for my GEN 2 Busa engine fitted to a westfield Megabusa. I got it started for the first time last week and now have a few question I hope you guys can help with:

1. I had to trim the rubber air inlet trumpets slightly to get the air filter (sausage type) to fit over them. How fussy are these engines about even air inlet flow? If it's a big issue, SBD motorsport do a taller filter and I could source some new rubber trumpets.

2. I have currently tied off the IAP sensor beside the air filter, Am I best drilling a small hole and fitting it to the backplate so it gets a genuine reading?

3. The pair control valve air intake pipe is sucking air constantly, I've heard some people blank it off but it will help with emissions so I may do that after the SVA. Would this constant air into the exhaust be the cause of the cat glowing red hot after a short run? I'm not using the HO2 (lambda) sensor. The Idle speed control air intake pipe is also constantly sucking, is this normal?

Thanks in advance,

Neil

[Edited on 30/5/13 by 88musar88]

big_l

posted on 30/5/13 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
Defo can't cut trumpets mate I lost 15bhp at the wheels doing that needless to say I sharply got some new ones !!

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

88musar88

posted on 30/5/13 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks, Malc at yorkshire engines is sending me 4 of the short GEN1 trumpets so I will swap for them.

Check out my build diary

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.