Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dyno tuners - recommendation
Markyb13

posted on 12/6/13 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Dyno tuners - recommendation

Hi Guys

Took her out for a quick blast last night, now shes all legal (coulnd't wait till the weekend) felt fantastic !! especially as I've lost the extra long missile like exhaust with cat and replaced it with a Blue Flame bike can, much lighter and sounds the nuts.
It did feel like there were a few flat spots, this is probably due to mucking around with the fuelling to get the emissions through the iva so will have to have a little play, however I would like to get her tuned properly on a dyno as ive read they can make quite a difference in some cases, can anyone recommend any in the Essex/Hertfordshire area and roughly what you'd expect to pay and results to possibly expect?

Also, slightly different topic but I bought the kit from a guy as a basic rolling chassis as he for various reasons couldn't continue with the build, anyway the diff had already been fitted and at the time I forgot to ask him what the ratio was and he now can't remember. At about 60 MPH she was at about 6000 RPM in what i believe was 6th gear, does this seem about right? I appreciate it will be slightly different with different ratio diff's, it might just be me having to get used to it and having some ear plugs to hand for any motorway journeys.
Cheers

[Edited on 12/6/13 by Markyb13]

INDY BIRD

posted on 12/6/13 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Try these guys

About 30 mins from you

It's the two Steve's there

Sean also from Essex

Link

http://www.tracknroad.com/

mark chandler

posted on 12/6/13 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Revs sound right for a common diff ratio, you need a 3.14 or 3.38 in thier assuming sierra diff.
adithorp

posted on 12/6/13 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark chandler
Revs sound right for a common diff ratio, you need a 3.14 or 3.38 in thier assuming sierra diff.

Agreed. Mine reads similar, 70mph is 7000rpm-ish indicated in 6th (with a 3.21:1 Freelander diff). I say indicated as the 5vy clocks over-read slightly on rpm. Don't know if the earlier ones are the same. It's quite handy as the revs indicate speed when in top and it's easier to read than the speedo.

To check the diff ratio, jack up one wheel,mark the prop and wheel so you can count turns (chaky or tipp-ex), then turn the prop by hand and count the number of turns for ten turns of the wheel. Divide that number by 5 and you'll have the ratio. The multiple turns allows more acurate results. If you've got an LSD (but not if it's an ATB) you'll need both wheels jacked up and divide by 10

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

watsonpj

posted on 12/6/13 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Atspeed at rayleigh have received a few recommendations on here although I've never been myself which is ironic as its only spitting distance.

Pete

sdh2903

posted on 12/6/13 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
My 4xv is doing a smidge over 6k revs at 70mph. That's with a 3.45 diff. I have several parts of diffs to make up a 3.15 lsd but not sure about fitting it to dent acceleration. I will second earplugs for distance work. I went out on a 50 mile motorway journey for the first time the other day and on the way back I remembered I had the plugs with me and it was much better. For country lane blatting I do like the noise though
Markyb13

posted on 12/6/13 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys

Helps put my mind at rest about the revs/speed, may think of changing the diff at some point but I was also concerned about denting the acceleration as this is what I love most about a bec, looks like its ear plugs for now then or crash helmet, but in strange way I quite like being blown to bits when driving it, makes it feel even faster

doobrychat

posted on 12/6/13 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
GSXR 1000 with 3.92 diff 70mph is 8000 rpm.. looking to change to a 3.62 a.s.a.p so i dont make any passengers ears bleed...

how do you find it with your screen bubbles for wind blast factor?

Markyb13

posted on 12/6/13 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
I can't compare it to a car without them but anything above about 60mph is pretty bloody windy, did think about getting an aero screen but don't know how much difference it would make, plus with a full roll cage the small amount of forward visibility would get Even smaller, how do you find yours ? You look even more exposed ?

I can sort of understand what you mean about passengers ears bleeding though

doobrychat

posted on 12/6/13 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
i have had a thrash about in mine with no screen and accepted the fact it was going to tear my face off because of the lack of screen... I was thinking about an areoscreen for mine, hence why i asked about your wind blast factor as your 2 lumps are a similar shape to the screen i want..

i can remember my old westfield had a full screen and down the motorway it was only half my face being pulled off.. now it doesn't hold its own to well so i don't really want to pull it out of shape to much as it will probably stay there.. i'll be proper fugly by this time next year...hehe

INDY BIRD

posted on 12/6/13 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
you can fit the extra lip on the bubbles like this

helps a lot

vortx dash
vortx dash

[Edited on 12/6/13 by INDY BIRD]

Markyb13

posted on 12/6/13 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Where did you get yours from? And how much was it? looks nice and not too big...... Might have to look at getting one.
Cheers

Oops just realised that that might not actually be your car sorry..... Will have to do some googling

[Edited on 12/6/13 by Markyb13]

INDY BIRD

posted on 12/6/13 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
yep its my old mnr,

mnr supply them speak to chris

cheers
sean

40inches

posted on 13/6/13 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
I have a 3.62 diff, gives 10mph for every 1000rpm in 6th.
I find the aero screen better than a full screen without wind deflectors, above 60mph if I lift my hand up I can feel the buffeting, about top of head height.
Description
Description

On my mates Tiger, with a full screen, the turbulence coming in from the side takes your breath away. This is much better with the Elephant ear side deflectors
A strange thing. My mate filled in the roll bar to rear bulkhead space with a Polycarb panel, this all but stopped the buffeting

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.