Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Classic Beach buggy project for sale - NOW SOLD
Mr Whippy

posted on 14/6/13 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
Classic Beach buggy project for sale - NOW SOLD

Hi

After much thought I have decided to sell my buggy, due simply to having way too many projects to realistically get done, plus I and have run out of room.

It's a LWB orginal GP Beetle based buggy that was last on the road about I guess 7 years ago and was a lot of fun but then fell into neglect as house building took up almost all my spare time. Now it's needing fixed up but would make a great first kit car project and looking over it is really very sound.

The chassis features a custom floor which I made which is vastly stronger than the standard VW type and was mostly made from thick galvanised sheet and U section channel, this was a good move as it has stood up well and it does not need any welding. The body needs a sanding down and respray, easy since there is not all that much to paint on a buggy. I was going to do it camo but only started that.

It comes with an almost complete 1600 beetle engine with twin carbs (needs a rocker adjuster and a pair of rocker covers and 4 slot mag alloys (correct offset for a buggy, will not fit a beetle), a nice cut down landrover defender windscreen (glass may need replacing as its going a bit white round the edges), the roll bar and a rear engine cage (needs cleaned up), and a good beetle fuel tank that will require modification to fit under the bonnet as is the norm.

I went through all the hassle originally with the DVLA when first registering it only to be sent back the normal log book as just a beetle as it was classed as just a body shell change. There is no requirement for an IVA test, just an MOT when ready.

What it needs is new brakes and hubs as they were used on another project but you can get hold of these quite easily and it would be a good time it fit disk brakes to the front.

Seeing that a new buggy shell kit is £1300-1500 this is rather a bargain tbh but I have no room for the car so I just want it to find a new home.

As it is not sitting on wheels it will need put on a trailer. Sold as seen as a project car.

Collection only and I will not sell as parts or sell it abroad.

U2U me if you interested, any questions just ask. If you are in the Aberdeen-ish area I can help with moving it as I have a suitable trailer.

Thanks, Scott

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

Now also on gumtree

[Edited on 14/6/13 by Mr Whippy]

[Edited on 15/6/13 by Mr Whippy]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeCapon

posted on 14/6/13 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
"Collection only and I will not sell as parts or sell it abroad."

Abroad as in to another country? Not even England....

Have a free bump Mr W.

Mike

www.shock-factory.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andy1303

posted on 14/6/13 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
I'd recommend advertising it on the forum at www.volkszone.com - it's the biggest VW website.
Mr Whippy

posted on 15/6/13 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks now sold

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.