Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Blade Engine Pictures please
Nurburg2006

posted on 14/6/13 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
Blade Engine Pictures please

Hello guys I am in need if some fireblade engine bay pictures in all angles inc pipe work etc. many thanks.
HappyFather

posted on 14/6/13 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

On my build diary (http://happyblade.blogspot.pt/) there are several pictures. Although the car is unfinished, it was driven for a few hundred meters already.

It's a 1994 893cc carbed blade with original airbox transformed by myself.

If you then need specific detailed pictures of any area, tell me so and I'll try to take them.

On the blog or the picasaweb album (https://picasaweb.google.com/112562224252190623288/HappyBlade) you can also find pictures of all the cooling pipes before fitting.

Have fun,
HappyFather

mark chandler

posted on 14/6/13 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
In my archive, water pump large outlet used some 22mm copper tubing to swing around the sump and point towards the front which dropped on the lower rad hose.

Top pipe, modified the thermostat housing to point forwards, then knocked up a filler from some old copper pipe and the top off an old radiator which goes to the top hose.

I run an expansion tank, so only 1 pipe to this made from a bit of 2" Ali scaffold tube, this plugs into the thermostat housing at the top, allows me negate having a header tank higher than the rad.

Regards Mark

jossey

posted on 14/6/13 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
do you have a diagram showing the water plumbing so I can do mine please

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
McLannahan

posted on 14/6/13 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

Description
Description

My old Fury with a 919.

andrew.carwithen

posted on 15/6/13 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Got several pics in my archive showing the stages I went through installing an 893cc 'blade in my old Tiger Avon. I had to make a cradle etc.from scratch as nothing is available from Tiger for a bike-engined Avon.
fullpint

posted on 15/6/13 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Ive got a Mk running a 919. I don't mind emailing you photos. Just let me know what pics your missing and send me a pm with your email address.
Steve

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jossey

posted on 15/6/13 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers gents :-)

I've just got the 893 engine and got the cradle almost done. Struggling with understanding the plumbing but wiring seems ok.

I guess it's all 25 mm pipes used like my zzr1100 which is now gone to a new owner..

Tiger is just too short.

Dave

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

fullpint

posted on 15/6/13 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Pic's sent to both of you..
Dave; Your email address is not working? See u2u.. 17 pics waiting to come your way..
Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.