Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Spray wrapping kit
Disgruntled karter

posted on 21/6/13 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Spray wrapping kit

Hi does anybody have any experience of using the spray wrap kits like this http://www.ekmpowershop28.com/ekmps/shops/cardipuk/ I was looking at using one to spray my locost which as I intend racing it might get a few 'rub' marks, my thinking was that touching up would be easier .............. any thoughts thanks
Slimy38

posted on 21/6/13 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
Six coats doesn't sound like it would 'touch up' very easily...

I did see a Youtube video of this in action, I think it was an M3. It made very light work of extremely tight angles so it definitely has one up on vinyl in that respect. But it seemed awfully 'peelable' in the bits they didn't want covered, so I did wonder what would make it that secure in areas where you'd want it to stay put.

Here you go;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jayyTUy3GTw

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 21/6/13 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
Not used it yet myself but will be dabbling soon.

if you google 'plasti dip' there are loads of tutorial videos and guides that might help. Very popular in america I believe.

loggyboy

posted on 21/6/13 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
I bought some Plasti Dip in the states last year. Ive not tried the spray on stuff yet, but bought a tub of the plain 'dip' that you can dip in or brush on. Used to water proof a few RC parts, and create a few other random bits.
Personally it looks expensive for what is a temporary finish. I would be more inclind to have a go at DIY vinyl wrapping, and in fact I do plan on trying it on the Tintop this summer.

Mistral Motorsport

40inches

posted on 21/6/13 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
This got my attention http://www.the-t-bar.com/en/forum/9-mgftf-pitstop/38032-my-firstthe-forums-first-attempt-at-plasti-dip
He starts off doing his alloys, then goes on to finish the whole car in it

Scuzzle

posted on 21/6/13 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
I was actually looking at the plastic peelable sprays for painting my coilovers just to keep them good, should spray on and keep the shocker bodies from corroding and just a case of peeling it off when the time comes.
No idea how it would go painting an entire car with it though.

iank

posted on 21/6/13 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Flashback to the lilac paint on masking compound I used on airfix kits when I was a kid. Peeled off just the same, stank of ammonia if I remember correctly.

Interesting stuff

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.