Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Leaf Springs
TheGiantTribble

posted on 27/6/13 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Leaf Springs

Good morning all.
Has anyone got laying around a pair of leaf springs.
Pref as light as poss, and length around 18 - 24"
And very very cheap please.
I'm building a cyclekart, so even if they are missing some leaves, rusty, covered in mutant cobwebs don't care, so long as two the same, I'll probably be able to use it

Thanks in advance.

MikeRJ

posted on 27/6/13 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry I have no leaf springs, but as I knew very little about cyclecars your post inspired me to spend the last 20 minutes looking at photos of some lovely little machines

It seems to be quite a US-centric hobby, is there much of a scene in the UK?

TheGiantTribble

posted on 27/6/13 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
At the moment no, that I know of there's one being built in Wales, one actually built, and I think two being built in Scotland.
Maybe a couple or three in England. The biggest problem seems to be people are interested but then hit this chicken and egg situation. Because there aren't others people won't build...luck would have it, some of us are happy to plow the loan furrow

Besides can't let the yanks have all the fun

MikeRJ

posted on 27/6/13 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe Chris needs to add another sub-forum I'd love to build one, but I think the problem will be finding somewhere to use them.
TheGiantTribble

posted on 27/6/13 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
What you mean it won't get through IVA your kiding! lol

I've got a couple of friendly farmers near me that may not know it yet but... you now where this ones going
Also there is some private roads etc around here, I'm optomistic (just how do you spell it) once I get it with wheels on and looking more like a ERA E type than a coffin, I'll take it to a couple of local car shows and see if that generates any interest.
But it's being build for the hell of it, the kids are involved so that's good, and as a problem solving exercise rather than having asperations to be the next F1 dream team.

dhutch

posted on 27/6/13 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
Browsed onto this thread purely out of curiosity as to 'what id anyone talking about leaf springs for' but very interesting indeed.

Cant offer much by way of the opening question, but would be very interested to know who you get on with it.

Daniel

Bluemoon

posted on 27/6/13 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Eck you've just found something that looks right up my street... Actually would like to give that a try (kids need to be a few years older so I have time!).

Cheers

Dan

iank

posted on 27/6/13 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheGiantTribble
What you mean it won't get through IVA your kiding! lol

It would be MSVA as weight and power put it in the quadricycle category, so you might have a chance if you really wanted to go on the road - though with 1 wheel drive and 1 wheel brake(!) it would be a brave man/woman to go out in one on our roads.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

nick205

posted on 27/6/13 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
They look great fun to build and drive, not come across them before.

As above, I can't help with the leaf spring request, but am interested to see your progress.

TheGiantTribble

posted on 27/6/13 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the comments, and there is no way I would seriously consider one for the open road
even if I could get it IVA/MSVA .

Now back to who has some leaf springs....someone, anyone?

NigeEss

posted on 27/6/13 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help with springs but I hope your welding is better than this persons spring mount !

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.