Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another successful trip to bailey proformance
ryanill

posted on 3/7/13 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Another successful trip to bailey proformance

Saturday just gone myself and two friends made a trip up to broseley to get our cars on the rolling road at bailey performance,
2 of the cars had had there engines rebuilt over the winter so it felt rolling road test was needed to see the gains of our efforts and the 3rd was its first set up after having a mager jolt fitted.
A good day was had by all and every one came away with improvements to our cars and our own knowlage
Thanks once again to dale for enduring us all day ! Top bloke. Defiantly recommend

Dale bladen

dale.bladen@orange.net

omega0684

posted on 3/7/13 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
what cars? what engines? before and after rebuild figures? what was done to the engines that were rebuilt? porting, itb conversion, internals upgraded?

tell us more...

tell us more...

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ryanill

posted on 3/7/13 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
My friends was a 1700 Xflow on bike burton ported head and a piper cam od some sort with a mega jolt( he would be able to give you the full spec) last visit he had 112bhp then a few weeks later the piston rings went so over the winter it was rebuilt back to the original standard once back at dales he altered the map on the mega jolt to get 134bhp witch was a good improvement.

My car was standard 2000 pinto on 38mm bike carbs and was getting 110 bhp. Over the winter I striped and rebuilt it with a fr32 cam also had the bores taken out +40 thou as the were shagged. The head was skimmed to get about 10.3:1 compression ratio. Also I had the vales seats opend up and the short side radium on the inlets relived and the valve stem guides blended in. At dales he consulted the lamba sensor and told me my mixture was to rich at the bottem and to lean at the top so that I need to get that all right first ( by opening the jets and dropping the needels. But at the moment my needels are no adjustable ) never the less he did one power test just to see and the gains so far stand at 146 bhp. Once I get the cars sorted ill be booking back in ASAP to see the full gains.

BaileyPerformance

posted on 3/7/13 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Ryan!

Glad we could make improvements!!

I'm sure your car will make more power when the fuelling is sorted, you are running around 14AFR when you really need to be seeing 12.5-13.00AFR full throttle.

You have clearly built a good engine as that power is good for the mods you have done and the fact your fuelling is way off.

Looking forward to getting it back on the dyno when you have mod'd the carbs.

Cheers Dale.

www.baileyperformance.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.