Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Freeview displays BOOT??
fullpint

posted on 4/7/13 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Freeview displays BOOT??

Freeview box was playing up so just purchased a new goodmans box. Hooked it up and the display on the box reads BOOT??
Tried it on the bedroom TV and no issues at all..
Why don't it work on my Sony TV?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jossey

posted on 4/7/13 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
May have cec Hdmi on. Check settings...

I had an issue with this in mine. Or try a different non cec support Hdmi slot....

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 4/7/13 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
Is it a freeview recorder ? When ours is first switched on at the mains it displays "boot" until the hard drive initialises.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

fullpint

posted on 5/7/13 at 05:48 AM Reply With Quote
yep its a recorder one.. Just turned it on and its saying boot again. Will see what its like when I get home...
owelly

posted on 5/7/13 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
Do as it says. Kick it.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

fullpint

posted on 5/7/13 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Do as it says. Kick it.

I feel like doing that......... Its now working but only after I switched the hdmi to port 3 but I'm sure come the morning it will read 'BOOT' again. If so its going back to sainsburys..

fullpint

posted on 10/7/13 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Up-date; Took it back and got after box!! Same make etc.. Done this on Saturday and guess what???????????
Yep the same again
So I took that one back on Monday and got my money back.. Popped into Currys and purchased a Logik box.. Plugged it in and yippeeeeeeeeee Does exactly as it said on the box.. Therefore avoid Goodmans I say
Thanks for the replies though..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.