Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone know about r53 mini cooper s'S??
chrisxr2

posted on 6/7/13 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone know about r53 mini cooper s'S??

As above anyone any knowledge on mini cooper s's?? Couple of wee queires i have regards some wee faults i am coming across.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

deanspoors

posted on 6/7/13 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
I had a R53 JCW for a couple of years, maybe I could help?
bi22le

posted on 7/7/13 at 06:52 AM Reply With Quote
They have good superchargers on them?

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

chrisxr2

posted on 7/7/13 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
deanspoors

Deanspoors, I have basically lost the clutch, it was very difficult. Stationary or at very slow speeds to get into first or second, I whilst stationary pushed the clutch as far down as it would go to the floor, it changed into all gears fine, when I took my foot of the pedal was stuck to the floor, when pulled up it is now attached to nothing e.g. completely loose and floppy, any advice greatly appreciated.

[Edited on 7/7/13 by chrisxr2]

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

joneh

posted on 7/7/13 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
My bet is master cylinder... Any leaking hydraulic fluid?
richiekuk

posted on 7/7/13 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Certainly sounds like a hydraulics issue.
deanspoors

posted on 7/7/13 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately I never had or heard of such a problem, it does sound like some sort of hyraulic leak or failure of the master or slave cylinder though. Maybe just check the clutch reservoir to see if there's any fluid left!

Dean

deanspoors

posted on 7/7/13 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
I've also just read that the clutch uses the brake reservoir and has a connection the clutch circuit coming from the side of the reservoir??
deanspoors

posted on 7/7/13 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
This may be of some use.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68PIYbXk1nc
chrisxr2

posted on 7/7/13 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks

Thanks all, i bloody love locostbuilders, hoping it is something relatively simple as i bought the car very cheap hoping it can be a bit of a bargain once the wee couple of issues get sorted, will investigate further today.

Addendum, with car of and started now goes into gear beautifully but the clutch stays on the floor, no obvious sign of a leak underneath.

ashg

posted on 7/7/13 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
there wont be all the brake fluid will be sitting in your servo slowly eating away at it.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

emwmarine

posted on 7/7/13 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Release bearing went on the one I had a while ago.
Gave similar symptoms.
Loved the car although it also needed a new steering column. a1320 autos put on a smaller supercharger pulley that upped the power from 170 to 220 bhp.

[Edited on 7/7/13 by emwmarine]

Building a Dax Rush.

chrisxr2

posted on 7/7/13 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
HMM

Such a big difference just from a different pullie, intriguing, frustratingly i have to get it from my driveway to my mechanic and i am at work till 4 with an hour commute home and of to saudi for a month on friday. Obviously i can just leave it with hem to sort slow time whilst i am away.

emwmarine

posted on 7/7/13 at 06:11 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.1320.co.uk

these were the guys. Also put poly bushes in the front suspension which transformed it.

Hope you have chucked away the run flats?

Building a Dax Rush.

chrisxr2

posted on 7/7/13 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
No runflats

No runflats, bought on a whim as it was so cheap, three wee probs in total all seem commonish on them, drivers door will shut on remote but wont open, Clutch issue and also if you properly give it the beans engine management light kicks in at 4k revs, (Sensor either mucky or needs replacing from what i have read, obviously being stranded on my drive doesnt help with sorting the clutch issue though.

Randomly i went to primary school in great staughton and lived up the road in perry as a youth.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.