Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA
kimbo1982

posted on 12/7/13 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
DVLA

Car passed IVA on 25th June, took V55/4 to borehamwood DVLA on the 27th June and was told all paperwork was fine, took the payment and told reg and tax should be with me in a week.
2 weeks on, still nothing, called DVLA to be told my application is at Swansea and could take another 7 days before supervisor looks at the application! Is this normal? It appears people on here have got there registrations far quicker than me in the past?

So annoyed, missing all this great weather, what's the point of going to a local office if they then end it to Swansea, may as well of just posted it to Swansea?

gavin174

posted on 12/7/13 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
not trying to rub it in....

but I have been involved with registering 2 cars at Chelmsford

1 had tax and plates the same day, 1 the next day..

but I know Russ (Furore) has had nightmares with them..

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

kimbo1982

posted on 12/7/13 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
This is what I'm talking about, why is it some people get there registration straight away and I have to wait weeks?
theconrodkid

posted on 12/7/13 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
i did one of mine at boringwood,the problem you have is,it is staffed my morons who dont know what they are doing and if it,s friday or someones birthday....forget it.
they are terminally lazy and will just try to get rid of you.....the place should be carpet bombed

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

kimbo1982

posted on 12/7/13 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
I went borehamwood as I'd heard bad things about Chelmsford lately, but it looks like they all as bad as each other!
I think the fact the DVLA are closing all local offices at the end of the year does not help, but then if everything then goes to Swansea I can't see there being many same day or same week applications being processed.

skov

posted on 12/7/13 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
I got mine inspected last Thursday at Peterborough, and got my tax disc and reg Monday morning
The guy there said I got there just in time and that from this week onwards local offices won't be able to process them any more and they'll have to go through Swansea which will add a few weeks...

snapper

posted on 13/7/13 at 05:20 AM Reply With Quote
All DVLA local offices are closing
All future registrations will be done at Swansea by a computer
Good luck with that
All of you who moan about local offices will soon be saying how bad DVLA Swansea is in comparison
Without local offices DVLA will become a faceless beurocrat, you can't argue with a machine, "computer says no"
I will remind you of this on a regular basis

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.