Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Help - Vodou Vs Saturn/Haynes Problem
Padstar

posted on 14/7/13 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Help - Vodou Vs Saturn/Haynes Problem

As some of you may be aware i started my build based on the Vodou drawings and when they ceased trading i then incorporated the bits i liked into the saturn design as they were esentially very similar with the exception of the diff carrier and a few other minor bits.

Just about to weld the suspension brackets and i have realised that i did not pick up on the rear suspension bracket location when comparing the two.

I have attached the 2 drawings for this area. My question is. Can the bracket be brought outwards to the outside of the car by approx 50mm so that it will fit into the Vodou Bracket as drawn (and built) or should i cut out the Vodou parts and extend to match the saturn design?

Any ideas and cons of either. I need to get this done to kick on with the rest as it has hit a near dormant spell.

Vodou Design (as built)
Description
Description

Saturn (May seem more logical)
Description
Description

Slimy38

posted on 14/7/13 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
What was the driver behind going from Vodou to Saturn? Was there something specific in the Saturn design that you preferred?

Personally I think you need to use the whole rear end (IE from seat-back backwards) from either one or the other, trying to use the top plates of one and the diff mount from another may put bars where you don't want them, or compromise the strength of the diff fixing.

[Edited on 14/7/13 by Slimy38]

Padstar

posted on 14/7/13 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
would rather stick with the vodou rear end but need to know if i can move the suspension brackets out approx 50mm. As they were never drawn i dont know if this was the intension.

I can extend to the saturn without affecting any other bar of the chassis so dont see it being a problem if it is necessary but would rather avoid it if possible.

Padstar

posted on 14/7/13 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
What was the driver behind going from Vodou to Saturn? Was there something specific in the Saturn design that you preferred?

[Edited on 14/7/13 by Slimy38]

They never got round to the body work. Essentially i have a vodou chassi that i need to put saturn bodywork on.

Slimy38

posted on 14/7/13 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Padstar
would rather stick with the vodou rear end but need to know if i can move the suspension brackets out approx 50mm. As they were never drawn i dont know if this was the intension.

I can extend to the saturn without affecting any other bar of the chassis so dont see it being a problem if it is necessary but would rather avoid it if possible.

I don't know whether I'm just missing something, but I had a look at the Vodou drawings and I couldn't even see where the shock absorber attaches to the wishbone? There is a fifth u bracket on the chassis, but the only way to use that one would be to have it fixed to the lower wishbone. And it's central location would have it going through the driveshaft.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.