Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: a Honda CBR 1000 engine
whpracer

posted on 16/10/04 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
a Honda CBR 1000 engine

YESSS i have done it , i'v bought myself a nice 1994 CBR 1000 engine with just over 35 dkm on it.
. so this must meen i'm in the first stage fo building my own LMP.

but i very intrested in modifing this engine, does any one has experince with it , regarding to dry sump or so ??

greetz

peter

Kissy

posted on 17/10/04 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Peter
I have just finished building a CBR1000 powered '7'-thing (was an F27, but have lost all the trademark F27 nasties so it is now more a Locost). Couple of things. It is easy to buy a blank Pipercross filter carrier and cut it to suit the carbs (Peter Lloyd Rallying in the UK can help here), and then fit a suitable filter (if you want pics let me know). The CBR was used extensively in grasstrack in the UK so there are builders who can tune these beyond standard, but it gets expensive (cams etc). With a decent filter, revised jetting and free flowing exhaust you should see 140+ bhp. Do not buy a Dynojet kit - from all I can gather they are more hassle than benefit. Are you on Flat or Round slide carbs? I have a genuine clutch master cylinder (used) if you need. I used a Nissan cylinder, but I actually need one with a very slightly larger bore as I have to push the pedal a long way before it disengages. Any pics you need let me know, good luck.
Andrew

Shandylegs

posted on 27/10/04 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Kissy

I'm in the process of building a CBR1000f powered locost and am struggling when it comes to the exhaust.

Did you modify the original or have a manifold manufactured? Any pictures or guidance in this area would be appreciated.

Thanks.....

locoboy

posted on 28/10/04 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
kissy,

i would be interested in pictures of the engine in situ and of the clutch set up your using

Im in the process of building a CBR 1000 locost too.

Thanks
Colin

ATB
Locoboy

Kissy

posted on 14/11/04 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Gents, (is that about right?)
I have tried uploading pics to no avail - feck!
Give me your e-mails and I'll happily send pics - sent some the other day, due to site upload issues.
I'm happy to help people avoid the cr*p I went through!
My e-mail is, either
akiss1962@aol.com
or
andrew.kiss@stafford-rubber.co.uk
(you need seat padding or any foams I'm your man!) 3mm, any grade, up to whatever (30"+!)

Shandylegs

posted on 15/11/04 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
CBR1000F Exhaust

Kissy

As stated in previous mail any help with the exhaust would be gratefully received.

Email Addy is: DuncanHibbert@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.