Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: santapod.
StrikerChris

posted on 14/8/13 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
santapod.

To cut a long story short I ended up going to chav fest,better known as the japshow at the pod earlier in the year in the striker.Ive never been before even to watch although I do have friends who compete regularly.

vid

I reckon if I got more runs before I broke it and knew what I was doing I could knock it into late 12s but I didn't feel too embarressed.its just a bog standard s14 200sx engine box diff and ecu running standard 6-7 psi could be either side of 200bhp with the change in the plumbing, and yoko 539 tyres about 5 years old.

Anyway thought id share

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Daddylonglegs

posted on 15/8/13 at 06:33 AM Reply With Quote
Pretty respectable I reckon

Fair play to getting on there in the first place

Got to ask though, what's with the date/time jumping all over the place? I thought it was to do with camera shake but the camera seems still, uness it's one of those stabilised doobries?

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

loggyboy

posted on 15/8/13 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
I havent done the pod in a few years but its a good day put, ive done RWYB and another chav day Performance Vauxhall.
Its a very funny surface that lends it self to warm sticky rubber, its surprisingly greasey on road tyres. This was my last run, using a032 yokos which helped a lot, I was very annoyed not to get in the 13s as my 60ft on this run was terrible. Thats whats better about the RWYB days, unlimited runs, rather than the 3-4 you get on show days.

linky

Mistral Motorsport

StrikerChris

posted on 15/8/13 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
Ha, im not sure why the date is going off on one! Must be something youtube does when you upload it, as you say to stop the shakes!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 15/8/13 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StrikerChris
Ha, im not sure why the date is going off on one! Must be something youtube does when you upload it, as you say to stop the shakes!

Looks like the option was chosen to stablaslise the video, which to be fair, seems to have worked quite well judgening by how still the car is and how much the date moves! When I tried it on one of mine it made the thing look like it was under water, wobbling and waving all over the place!

Mistral Motorsport

big_wasa

posted on 15/8/13 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
My mate did the Ultimate street car weekend a couple of weeks back. I was invited but was put of by reviews around the net.

He is now asking if I want to go half's on a car meaning I get to do Cadwell as well.

Talking to a lad who's car I wired, a 12's quarter is very respectable for a road legal car. He is in the high 12's and has spent real money on the car.

StrikerChris

posted on 15/8/13 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
My mates been into it for years,just nudging to get into the 10's now with his kaddet

Kaddet

Its hilarious on the road too!

loggyboy

posted on 15/8/13 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
There are some crazy cars out there on the drag scene, ignoring the funny cars and proper dragsters.

Being in to Novas I remember the Issac Hunt being the fabled drag car (2.0 8v turbo IIRC), running low 11s - and still FWD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pQ79jDqBtY
and the twin engined 'Boost beast' - a nova with 2x 350hp c20lets, which is still dicing some impressive cars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo4VBIxrb2g

[Edited on 15-8-13 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

StrikerChris

posted on 15/8/13 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Or the tigra!

speccy

Ian Jones

posted on 15/8/13 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
this is my old sccob that was a family car at the pod. the best run i got was a 12 flat.

in car shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vHQiuFY9mU

out of car (same run)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcAB-vwS5Dk

brookie

posted on 16/8/13 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StrikerChris
Or the tigra!

speccy

he spent a lot off cash on that car think he may have sold it now

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.