Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Radical SR8
Hugh Jarce

posted on 20/10/04 at 05:15 AM Reply With Quote
Radical SR8

I haven't seen the SR8 mentioned on here before (probably because it's as diametrically opposed to a Lowcost as you can get), so I thought I'd bring it up. The technology is superb and the engine is a beautiful bit of work.
There are sound files of the V8 running for the audiophiles.
LINK

[Edited on 20/10/04 by Hugh Jarce]

The pay isn't very good , but the work's hard.

colibriman

posted on 20/10/04 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
mmmmmmmmmmm........very nice...! - if only I could afford one!

need a bike engine? - www.colibriman.com

SVA ready Mk Indyblade possibly for sale.....if the offers good...!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fred W B

posted on 20/10/04 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
I would like one too!

From what you can see in the SR8 cad images, the space frame looks very similar to the smaller Radicals.

Although I have only ever seen a radical chassis in magazine photo's, to me seems a well though out and efficent spaceframe.

Anybody with the knowledge and who has seen one for real care to comment?

Regards

Fred WB

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 20/10/04 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
Macspeedy and I had a look at the Radical up at Knockhill sometime last summer. The agent told us about this wee beast. It is a yummy piece of kit.
phelpsa

posted on 20/10/04 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
Mmmmmm

Must be very quick, 363bhp. But doesn't it kind of defeat the point of a bike engine? The reason a bike engine was chosen originally was because of it's light weight and compactness, but having a big engine with a big transaxle, it probably weighs about 10kgs less than turboed Duratec, which would make about the same horsepower (if not more), and more torque.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alez

posted on 20/10/04 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I would like one too!

Oh OK OK, I'll have one as well!!

kb58

posted on 20/10/04 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phelpsa
Mmmmmm

Must be very quick, 363bhp. But doesn't it kind of defeat the point of a bike engine? The reason a bike engine was chosen originally was because of it's light weight and compactness...

And getting a "free" sequential gearbox. After I drove a friends shifter car with this gearbox, I was sold. What a wonderful device, one I'd sure like to put in something...

Mid-engine Locost - http://www.midlana.com
And the book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/midlana/paperback/product-21330662.html
Kimini - a tube-frame, carbon shell, Honda Prelude VTEC mid-engine Mini: http://www.kimini.com
And its book - http://www.lulu.com/shop/kurt-bilinski/kimini-how-to-design-and-build-a-mid-engine-sports-car-from-scratch/paperback/product-4858803.html

phelpsa

posted on 20/10/04 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
What about putting a turbo on each side of that!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.