Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where to start?
fezerati

posted on 16/9/13 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Where to start?

My Tiger Avon has an electrical nightmare under the dash. What books would you all recommend to assist me with resolving the mass amount of loose connections, poor earths and tangled cables? Some of them show no sign what soever as to where they are meant to go or indeed, their intended purpose. I may just start again as some of the wiring there is so needless! I've got heater wires for a heater that doesn't exist and when I press my hazard switch my rev gauge starts fluctuating (doesn't work 99.9% of the time).

It'll get sorted it's just a headache (especially when you have limited knowledge on wiring)!

Thanks in advance!

Tiger Avon

mcerd1

posted on 16/9/13 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
only really two options:

1 - sit and trace all the wires, work out where they are meant to go correct it and remove the redundant bits as you go....

or 2 - rip it all out and start from scratch

-

fezerati

posted on 16/9/13 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
I think I'm just going to start again but keep the ignition and immobilizer as be because they work fine. Cheers!

Tiger Avon

deezee

posted on 16/9/13 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hey, I sat down with the loom off my donor and trimmed out the redundancy and shortened the cables. Took forever, but its quite satisfying. Its left me with a strangely intimate knowledge of my wiring loom.

fezerati

posted on 16/9/13 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
I can imagine. I'd sooner spend the time and get it right as there is no point rushing it.

Tiger Avon

snowy2

posted on 17/9/13 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
there is on here an article on how to rewire a car the easy way, written by myself. i am aware that several folks have used it and had an easy time of it. it would be easy to make it tidier, it was never my intention to make it to hard to do. just functional.
here.....
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=169470
or direct
linky

basically do it from scratch and solve all your problems in one go it is really easy to do.

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.