Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dog doo Legal Question
mookaloid

posted on 17/9/13 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Dog doo Legal Question

One of my friends has a problem with her neighbour.

The neighbour lets her dog out of the house every morning which promptly goes into my friends garden and has a dump on the lawn.

Environmental health are not interested because it isn't noise nuisance and the dog warden is not interested because it is private land.

Is there any legal remedy available to her to make the neighbour stop the dog doing this?

Thanks

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

slingshot2000

posted on 17/9/13 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
Yes,
pick it up with a shovel and post it straight through her letterbox. Worked when we had the same problem with a neighbours dog, only had to do it twice. Dog never shat on our lawn again.

Regards
Jon

r1_pete

posted on 17/9/13 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think so.

I had a similar problem, did post in another thread a few weeks ago, I threatened to put the parcel through the owners letterbox, he thougt I was joking, untill he returned to find the little gift on his welcome mat.

Never let his dog anywhere near my house again.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1_pete

posted on 17/9/13 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slingshot2000
Yes,
pick it up with a shovel and post it straight through her letterbox. Worked when we had the same problem with a neighbours dog, only had to do it twice. Dog never shat on our lawn again.

Regards
Jon

Touche'

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daveb666

posted on 17/9/13 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Regardless of where the poo came from you could, potentially, get charged with vandalism for posting poo through someone's letter-box.

A better course of action would be to place it on the doorstep instead.

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

scootz

posted on 17/9/13 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
Jim Carrey had the same problem in Me, Myself and Irene.

Do what he did... stroll onto your neighbours garden, drop your kecks and curl one off on their lawn. They should get the idea pretty soon!

It's Evolution Baby!

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2751
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 17/9/13 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Trowel it up and slip it up under the door handles on his car.
JoelP

posted on 17/9/13 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daveb666
Regardless of where the poo came from you could, potentially, get charged with vandalism for posting poo through someone's letter-box.

A better course of action would be to place it on the doorstep instead.

Would be difficult for them to prove though! Police come round, 'we think you put dog shite through your neighbours door.'

'Sorry, I don't have a dog.' Close door.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

daveb666

posted on 17/9/13 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Also might be worth actually speaking to "the neighbour", they may not be aware of where there dog is going.

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

Neadles

posted on 17/9/13 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Jim Carrey had the same problem in Me, Myself and Irene.

Do what he did... stroll onto your neighbours garden, drop your kecks and curl one off on their lawn. They should get the idea pretty soon!

I was thinking exactly the same think!!!

owelly

posted on 17/9/13 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
The dog eggs belong to them so just return it. Scoop it up with a shovel and sling it back onto their property. Ideally with a big splatter onto the door step or path. Also consider doing it so they may trample in it.....

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

mookaloid

posted on 17/9/13 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
I was wondering if she could also bill them for her time spent cleaning it up?

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Theshed

posted on 17/9/13 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Yes there is a legal remedy. It is both a trespass and "nuisance" in the technical sense both species of Tort. Oddly enough there is a distinction between dogs and cats (cats being considered wild animals).

Litigation between neighbours is a last resort. Knock on the door and a cup of tea a far better way of sorting out problems

Daddylonglegs

posted on 17/9/13 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CRAIGR
Trowel it up and slip it up under the door handles on his car.

Even better, shovel it up their exhaust, should smell wonderful after a few minutes . Failing that, just hoick it over the fence into their garden "just returning what is yours" After all, if you trim the neighbor's trees/bushes hanging over into your property you are obliged to put it over their fence by law.

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

Smoking Frog

posted on 17/9/13 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Good fences make good neighbours!
nick205

posted on 17/9/13 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
I take it there's no fence and/or gate to stop the dog?

A friendly chat has to be the start point. If it doesn't work you have at least started on the right foot before resorting to the letterbox!

My father-in-law used to suffer this with his neighbours cats. His remedy comprised a black widow catapult and a flower pot of new potatoes. The cat took several strikes before it learnt the rules, but did move on.

We also had a neighbours tom cat peeing on our garage door (we have a spayed female), which stank something terrible. Eventually I left the cat flap open on the IN only setting and cornered the tom in the garage. He got a proper soaking before being released

James

posted on 17/9/13 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
My hop-up BB gun is perfect for the neighbour's Westie when I catch it cocking it's leg in my garden!

I feel no guilt about this as I basically detest dogs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

steve m

posted on 17/9/13 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
I've done the shovel in the letterbox, and the little runts were never let out again

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

designer

posted on 17/9/13 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Why not just get a solicitor's free consultation and get proper advise. I once did and used what he said to win my case.
Brett Jones

posted on 17/9/13 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
In South Africa this is common problem and the trick we use was to fill up a one or two 2l plastic coke bottles with water. With the labels removed and place on the lawn don't ask me how it works but it does. It a cheap solution and worth trying.

http://mnrvtecvortxbuild.blogspot.co.uk/

coyoteboy

posted on 17/9/13 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Makes your garden look like a litter filled mess too!

Personally I'd just chuck it back onto their drive until they got the hint. If they're letting their dogs out off the lead to run in the street they're not the kind of bright, neighbourly individuals who'll take kindly to "excuse me, you're dog's in my garden". I have a similar problem with local kids and footballs being kicked through my garden and plants and bounced off my cars up the drive. I've come very close to gutting one particular one but befriending him and explaining why it's not very nice worked better in the end, but I'm fairly sure his parents are less intelligent.

As for dogs/cats - I find cats /usually/ go to the loo in the borders and so I don't really mind as much. Dogs just go smack bang in the middle of the grass or the path. That really grinds my gears. I think dog owners are a bit like parents, they generally have absolutely no concept of how irritating their little wonders are to everyone else.

[Edited on 17/9/13 by coyoteboy]

Simon

posted on 17/9/13 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Our landlord at work plopped a poo back through a letterbox and the old bill asked him what he thought he was doing.

"Returning lost property" was his response.

I think, dilute in water and spray over their garden. No solid evidence, but one hell of a smell

ATB

Simon

AndyGT

posted on 17/9/13 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
spread it in the heater vents. on his motor. When it rains and the heater is on...!!!!! Mmmmmm!!!

[Edited on 17/9/13 by AndyGT]

nothing is impossible
everything is possible

snapper

posted on 18/9/13 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
You speak to them
If that does not work
You write them a letter
If that does not work
Tell them again your not happy
If that does not work
You place the poo on there front garden
You tell them your unhappy and have returned there property
If that does not work
Poo wrapped up and put that through letter box
If there is any more poo on your lawn tell them you will escalate through formal mediation
It's all about reasonably escalating until the behaviour stops

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

ashg

posted on 18/9/13 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
i get our neighbours cat poo and fling it back over the fence with a shovel, bloody stuff stinks and the beggar keeps laying them outside my workshop door.

if you have spoke to them and they are not doing anything about it the other option is to stand at the end of the garden with rubber gloves on and throw it at their front windows

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.