Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Which shcok absorber?
Daviesdj

posted on 24/9/13 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Which shcok absorber?

Hi Guys, any thanks to the ysefull answers to my previous queries, not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question - am looking for a decent set of shocks and springs for my locost 7 rover v8 project - primarily for track and hill climb use - dont want to spend a million but dont want rubbish either. Have seen the 'gas/gaz' items for sale on ebay - what is everybody else doing these days - this is a standard locost independant rear suspension setup with a sierra cosworth LSD rear running setup - over v8 up front.

Any suggestions? Many thanks

Dave

Jon Ison

posted on 24/9/13 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
Call Mat at procomp, tell him the spec/weights of car he will have a set of protecs valved to suit and recomend spring rates.
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 24/9/13 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
I got a set from Shocktec after Protech were about as useful as a brick in a washing machine, the Shocktecs were built to order, saved me £400 and have been superb on track

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
s&dhonda

posted on 24/9/13 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Can vouch for Mat at procomp, got four double adjustables from him valved for the car and were perfect first time, am now running Penske double adjustables on my new car which are a pain to adjust and so far after two re-valves still not right, would happily go back to the Protec's! Get them from Procomp though as the first set I bought direct from Protech were miles out from each other
Daviesdj

posted on 25/9/13 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
thanks guys, will give procompa call - how much should i be looking at for 4 dampers and springs?? Ball park
s&dhonda

posted on 25/9/13 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Ball park figure around £550 or so for single adjustables with springs?
TimEllershaw

posted on 26/9/13 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by s&dhonda
Ball park figure around £550 or so for single adjustables with springs?

That sounds a little high maybe?

Price on Procomp site says £89.50 each ( I don't know if that is a current price ) and heard they sell springs for about 15 each.

[Edited on 26/9/2013 by TimEllershaw]

http://www.teenagecancertrust.org/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
s&dhonda

posted on 26/9/13 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
yeah could be a little high, it was a few years back I got mine although they were double adjustables.
imp paul

posted on 26/9/13 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
just want to say that i got my shocks from kev ,at protech and he was very very helpfull top bloke also any problems he sorts it all the best

paul

dhutch

posted on 26/9/13 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
I think including springs mine where basically 100quid a corner, again, protech from procomp.

As far as I can see there are good shocks for the money, and procomp do a good job at setting them up which particularly for the lighter car, and the rear of ours really are very light usually is a great asset.

Not heard of my issues with them, certainly had none with mine, and which point the only drawback is if you want to compete in a class that prohibits the use of ali shock bodies.

Daniel

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.