Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Two 7" 3.62 Sierra diffs + windscreen
Not Anumber

posted on 4/10/13 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
Two 7" 3.62 Sierra diffs + windscreen

Both are 7" 3.62 ratio Sierra diffs for push in shafts.

The first is to suit the larger splined type of push in shafts (28 splines, 30mm diameter end).
I got this recently from Gavin174 as a good useable diff. The casing has been cleaned and degreased before I realised Ford used 2 different sizes of push in shaft.
£ 55

The other diff takes the smaller push in shafts (22? splines, 25mm diameter ends)
This diff runs fine but whines. That said it's by no means the noisiest diff ive heard but it is more noticeable at speed and got on my nerves during long journeys. It should be fine for urban/ track use or if you dont mind a bit of noise. From what ive read these diffs can often be made quieter by carefully adjusting the preload and /or oil additives etc.
£ 30

Windscreen inc surround and brackets from a Robin Hood S7 (previously belonged to The Duck).
£ 20

Collection from Southend or happy to package and arrange delivery at cost.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Not Anumber

posted on 14/10/13 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
bump

RichB

posted on 23/10/13 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Interested in the screen. Do you know if it will fit a Luego Velocity xt? (I know one of the RH model's screens fits but can't remember which one). Can you send me a photo pls?

Cheers

Rich

Not Anumber

posted on 23/10/13 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Im not sure, please IM me with your email address and i will send a photo.

40inches

posted on 23/10/13 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
How far out was it from fitting the MK?

Not Anumber

posted on 23/10/13 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
The Mk scuttle has quite a pronounced curve whilst this Robin Hood S7 screen has a much flatter base. It is overall a bit wider than the MK screen.

To fit that screen on the Mk would have required making up infil panels for the corners - it could have been done without looking too dreadful but I wanted to fit weather gear at the same time and found it easier to go and buy a GBS Zero screen and hood which is known to fit the MK.

40inches

posted on 23/10/13 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Not Anumber
The Mk scuttle has quite a pronounced curve whilst this Robin Hood S7 screen has a much flatter base. It is overall a bit wider than the MK screen.

To fit that screen on the Mk would have required making up infil panels for the corners - it could have been done without looking too dreadful but I wanted to fit weather gear at the same time and found it easier to go and buy a GBS Zero screen and hood which is known to fit the MK.

If RichB doesn't want it, I'll have it, if you can courier it to me? A bit far to pick it up

Edit to say that I will also be needing a 3.62 diff, but I don't know which splines until I get the old one off

[Edited on 23-10-13 by 40inches]

RichB

posted on 23/10/13 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
U2u sent

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.