Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which iMac?
tul214

posted on 8/10/13 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
Which iMac?

Which iMac?

It seems there are a few apple users on here so forgetting the PC/apple debate, if I were in the market for an iMac, should I go for the brand new model ME086B, or the previous MD093B?

It seems that the graphics card is different but I cant see much else different.

Lastly, where are the best deals?

Many thanks

Mark

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

ReMan

posted on 8/10/13 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
I'd go for the latest, whatever it is.
If your spending that much money then when you love it, you'll just want it to work forever, so build as much futureproofing in as possible.
New prices dont vary that much. I bought mine from John Lewis as they give a 2 year warranty, which saved a bit on paying Apples 3 year.

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

JC

posted on 8/10/13 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Can recommend any purchase from the Apple refurbished store, if you are looking to save a penny or 2 - MacBook, 2x iPad and an iMac so far from there with no issues!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hughpinder

posted on 9/10/13 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
I've always bought mine from the apple refurb store too. There is a review of the 27" one on http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/10/07/review_apple_imac_27_inch_2013/

If you want to know what you can upgrade and how hard it will be to do later:
http://www.ifixit.com/Device/iMac_Intel
For ones where the memory is easy to upgrade you can buy mac approved RAM from crucial or Kingston, which is much cheaper.
Personally I'd be happy with pretty much any of the imacs. The main decision is for screen size.
Regards
Hugh

Irony

posted on 9/10/13 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
iMacs are not designed to be upgradable. This is because 95% of people who own computers never upgrade them. As for being expensive iMacs are fantastic value!!!!!!! Anyone who says anything different should retrieve the specs of the 27inch screen of the same quality as the iMacs and then google how much one costs to buy separately. It doesn't leave much to buy a tower.

Another vote for the Refurbished Store. Bought 3 Mac Pros from there!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.