Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: headlight position .
nick-york

posted on 29/10/13 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
headlight position .

Ive done a lot of research on here about the position of headlight brackets .Im aware of the height and distance between them but would just like to check that my findings on here are accurate . From what ive read on here it seems like the centre of the light bracket is lined up with the centre of the top of the shock absorber bracket . So is this the same for all locosts or just some ? I know they have to be clear from the cycle wings but mine arent fitted yet so i cant check in this way yet. cheers.
wicket

posted on 29/10/13 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Position of lights has no relationship with the shock absorber position. See here for the info you need.
It says svalights but it applies to IVA.

http://westfield-world.com/svalights_front.html

nick-york

posted on 30/10/13 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wicket
Position of lights has no relationship with the shock absorber position. See here for the info you need.
It says svalights but it applies to IVA.

http://westfield-world.com/svalights_front.html
Thanks wicket that's a great diagram . But im trying to find out how far forwards the lights need to be to be clear of the cycle wings when they are in full lock .Because my cycle wings aren't fitted i can't check by just turning the stearing .So trying to think logically . On most of the pictures I've looked at the shock absorber mount at the top seems to come through the wishbone in what seems to be the centre of the wheel. Ie the pivotting point of the wheel. Hope this makes sense. I know what i mean its just difficult explaining it . Oh and please please don't just say fit your cycle wings lol ! Cheers.

big-vee-twin

posted on 30/10/13 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
Here's a pic of mine you can see the headlight mount comes out over the top of the suspension bracket as you thought.

[img] Front lights
Front lights
[/img]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

40inches

posted on 30/10/13 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
I mounted mine over the shock mounts, in retrospect I would mount them just forward. If you look at the offside headlamp it
is below the cycle wing, how I wanted it, but it only just passed IVA because of the side angle view being partly obscured.
If they had been 50mm forward the angles would have been visible. It did pass though
Morning of IVA, it passed!
Morning of IVA, it passed!

wicket

posted on 30/10/13 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
I see what you mean. The front face of my headlights are about 25mm behind the top shock mounting, which is also the same approx. vertical position as the the steering axis which means that the front wheels and cycle wings rotate about the headlight so no problem with interference here.
nick-york

posted on 30/10/13 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the help .Just means i can get the last bits of welding done in one go now.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.