Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA
Daverog

posted on 30/10/13 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
DVLA

We give the DVLA in Swansea quite a lot of flack, very often justified, but I will give a positive vote for once based on my recent experience.
Paper work submitted and received by them on Wednesday 9 October 2013
Spoke to them on Monday 21 October 2013 to see if they needed any further information. Customer services said was being dealt with now and someone would ring in 10 minutes!! Oh yes I thought. THEY DID!!
Very helpful guy on the MASET team said I have written to you, I need a build up report and major receipts (which I had not sent, my fault). He was happy for me to scan and email. He gave me direct phone number and his email address.
Information sent and received by him the next morning.
Checked with them on the Thursday 24 October and was told number allocated and request sent "upstairs" for Tax Disc.
Tuesday 29 October V5C arrived, and on contacting help line was told I could use the car since Tax Disc was on the way.
Wednesday 30 October 2013 Tax Disc here. Process complete.
All within 15 working days which seems to be their current criteria.
Maiden run of the "Black Pearl" completed on a very nice sunny morning!!:

RichardK

posted on 30/10/13 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Sweet, sounds like things are getting better, wait for the u2u's after his direct email and number! Haha

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
carpmart

posted on 30/10/13 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry but one Swallow doesn't make a summer!!!!! Also, why do you think 15 working days to process some simple paperwork is good service????

My experience is always that they are a bunch of t0ssers!

[Edited on 30/10/13 by carpmart]

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

carpmart

posted on 30/10/13 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
An example from today ......

£80 fine for not declaring the vehicle SORN. Now this vehicle has been off the road for two previous SORN's. Why the feck can't they just reverese the responsibility rather than dumping the responsibility on me. They could write once a year saying that unless I notify otherwise, that the vehicle will remain SORN'd. Oh no, instead they want to make me pay £80 when I make the mistake of forgetting to tell the DVLA again, something which they already know, which is the vehicle is off the bloody road! STILL!!!!!!

'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8

carpmart

posted on 30/10/13 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Even worse .......

a further £18.75 back tax even though its not been on the road for 2 years previously.

'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8

jabs

posted on 31/10/13 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Bought a car a month ago - still waiting for the V5 - not efficient at all
coyoteboy

posted on 31/10/13 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

£80 fine for not declaring the vehicle SORN. Now this vehicle has been off the road for two previous SORN's. Why the feck can't they just reverese the responsibility rather than dumping the responsibility on me. They could write once a year saying that unless I notify otherwise, that the vehicle will remain SORN'd. Oh no, instead they want to make me pay £80 when I make the mistake of forgetting to tell the DVLA again, something which they already know, which is the vehicle is off the bloody road! STILL!!!!!!

Have they changed processes? My car has been SORN'd for 5 out of the previous 7 years, the first 4 were up to 2 years ago, then used it for a year, then SORN for just over another. I'm 99% sure they've sent me a reminder every year?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.