Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Courier Madness,
r1_pete

posted on 4/11/13 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
Courier Madness,

Bit of a rant but one to be aware of.

I sent a parcel via Hermes, destination is a business address.

On their tracking info, it is alternating between 'In Transit' and 'Delivery Scheduled' has done 4 or 5 times now.

So contaxcted them, and the conversation went along the lines:

Me: Enquiring about Parcel x,

Hermes: Your parcel is scheduled for delivery today.

Me: OK have previous attempts been made?

Hermes: Yes, gives 3 dates, unable to gain access.

Me, It is a business address what time did you try to deliver?

hermes: we deliver between 08.00 - 20.00 and can't give a time.

Me: so potentially you have tried to deliver after business hours, to a business address.

hermes: that is possible.

Me: so your drivers do not plan their routes to deliver business parcels during business hours.

hermes: Our drivers are self employed

Me: Employed or Self Employed do they plan their routes accordingly?

Hermes: I'll transfer you to my supervisor

Supervisor: Hello how can I help you today.

So we start the whole conversation again.........

So bewere when sending to businesses, there is no common sense prevailling at these alternate couriers, just as bad as Royal Mail, but a bit cheaper!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RickRick

posted on 4/11/13 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
I've never had a good experiance with hermes delivering to me, to the point where i won't buy from anyone that uses hermes.
ashg

posted on 4/11/13 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
It really depends on the local delivery person. The woman that delivers for them in her old zafera round my way seems to be pretty good.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Slimy38

posted on 4/11/13 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
It really depends on the local delivery person. The woman that delivers for them in her old zafera round my way seems to be pretty good.

Ours is the same, he knows when people are likely to be in and plans his deliveries to suit. It only takes a bit of common sense to plan their journey.

garyo

posted on 4/11/13 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Also had a bad experience with Hermes. I wonder if they still get the fee if they fail to make a delivery?
Slimy38

posted on 4/11/13 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garyo
Also had a bad experience with Hermes. I wonder if they still get the fee if they fail to make a delivery?

From memory, they actually charge you if they fail to deliver after three attempts? Or at least charge you to try again.

MikeR

posted on 4/11/13 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
our local hermes girl is excellent. we even know her address and drop things off at hers for returns at all hours. suspect someone knows its a business address and is charging for failed deliveries at 7.30 pm whilst watching eastenders
Peteff

posted on 4/11/13 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a spraygun on ebay and it came via myhermes delivered by a chap in a Daewoo Matiz at about 6.30 pm. It was in a sealed plastic bag and when I opened it it was out of it's box and looked like it had been run over with a van, cup broken and trigger bent but should have been new in box. I rang the seller and he shipped me a replacement via Parcelforce and it arrived next day no problems, keep the bust one for spares. On the Myhermes tracking it had been sent to Milton Keynes in error, up to Sheffield then down to Wednesbury before making it to me 4 days after buying it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

will121

posted on 4/11/13 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:
Originally posted by ashg

Ours is the same, he knows when people are likely to be in and plans his deliveries to suit. It only takes a bit of common sense to plan their journey. [/quote

As above I've never had a problem with collections or deliverys, they no where to pick parcels up or drop off if I'm out. Think its totally down to how good the local final delivery person is

Browser

posted on 20/11/13 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
When I've more time I'll regale you with the tale of my experiences trying to claim for a lost parcel with Yodel

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.