Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tyres for S2000
parkiboy

posted on 9/11/13 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Tyres for S2000

Just bought an S2000 to replace my kit ca the other day as I have just bought my first house and don't have the time and money to spend on a kit until the house is finished!

The guy I bought it off didnt have it for the performance and he had a set of general tyres Altimax UHP a couple of thousand miles ago, a pretty budget tyr which I don't think is suitable for the s2000. I was thinking of getting some RE050's but have read wet performance isn't the best? I want a good all round performance tyre as I won't be just driving it on a nice sunny day.

Should I get the RE050s or ar they other tyres I should be considering?

Thanks

rdodger

posted on 9/11/13 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
I found the Bridgestones to be pretty good on my Type R, very stiff tyre wall. Might be worth asking on a specific S2000 forum for the current tyre of choice.
parkiboy

posted on 9/11/13 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
The one I want to join membership goes from Jan to Dec so I'm not paying membership for one and a half months and you can't access the forum without it! Ive done a bit of research a lot swear by hankook v12 evos, but others say the tyre wall is too soft for the s2k and will roll onto the tyre wall in heavy cornering
ashg

posted on 10/11/13 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
I had RE050s on the bmw. All I can say is don't do it. the road noise on them is terrible and the ride comfort is even worse. Dry grip was reasonable but they were so skittish in the wet/cold I lost all confidence in the car. Just fitted Dunlop sportmax rt's and they are significantly better in dry and wet and are lovely and quiet. Have also run conti sport contact 3 and 5's both were excellent but a bit noiser than the dunlops. The eagle f1 asymmetric 2 are also meant to be very good but after a bad experience when their old eagle f1 directionals going out of shape after 5k I thought I would give the Dunlop's a chance.

If you really want RE050s I have got 2 225/40/18s with 6mm tread on them in the garage, yes they were that bad I took them off before they wore out!

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Texan

posted on 10/11/13 at 04:21 AM Reply With Quote
I just put Potenza RE970s on my S2000 about 3 weeks ago and so far have been more than happy.

I no longer track my S so I wasn't looking for the ultimate grip, but I also didn't want to compromise too much. They have been the best tires I've had on the car for the rain.

I probably would have put the new BFG Rivals had I been able to find them in the right size.

I took the wider rims off and went back to stock '04 rims and finding the rears was not easy. It's an odd size.

I drive therefore I am.

wylliezx9r

posted on 10/11/13 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Texan
I just put Potenza RE970s on my S2000 about 3 weeks ago and so far have been more than happy.

I no longer track my S so I wasn't looking for the ultimate grip, but I also didn't want to compromise too much. They have been the best tires I've had on the car for the rain.

I probably would have put the new BFG Rivals had I been able to find them in the right size.

I took the wider rims off and went back to stock '04 rims and finding the rears was not easy. It's an odd size.

You spelt Tyres wrong LOL.

Couldn't resist !

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

sdh2903

posted on 10/11/13 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Goodyear eagle f1 assymetric 2 get my vote. Put 2 on the front of my focus st about 8k ago and they have been excellent in the wet and dry. Wearing very well too
Texan

posted on 10/11/13 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wylliezx9r
quote:
Originally posted by Texan

You spelt Tyres wrong LOL.

Couldn't resist !

I thought of that just after I posted it. I'm trying to educate you guys a a little at a time.

I drive therefore I am.

ettore bugatti

posted on 14/11/13 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Bridgestone Adrenalin RE002 offer very good performance for its price, Im statisfied with them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.