Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: its to be mx5 route
vysie

posted on 23/11/13 at 12:39 AM Reply With Quote
its to be mx5 route

Been toying for days on which donor route to go and finally decided its to be an mx5. For me this is strange ground as im a ford man at heart but as the older fords are getting low on the ground it seems parts are going up which is the reason i dold my mk3 s1 rs turbo.
so for now its look out time for a mazda.
The book is in the post and cant wait to read that iv also obtained plans which the printer decided to give up on ink on.
so now i have to decide if i go flat pack or if i let the friend crack on and keep a supply of beer money going to get a chassis.
how long in hours is a rough guild from chassis built to finished car?
As i work for myself i have the odd few hours hear and there while the mrs is at work and kids are at school so instead of tv ill be on it

onwards

Slimy38

posted on 23/11/13 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vysie
how long in hours is a rough guild from chassis built to finished car?

That is about the biggest range you can think of. I believe one was finished in 2 weeks, another was finished in 15 years!

I'd recommend you try not to do 'an hour here and there' because by the time you've got stuck into something it'll be time to stop. I found I got much more done in a four hour block than one hour blocks over four days.

inkafone

posted on 23/11/13 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
I have a '98 Mk2 1.8is (140bhp done 65k) that I'm breaking if you're interested...................
vysie

posted on 23/11/13 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Really finding it hard to get a flat pack chassis talon site asks for password and gilham have stopped till after xmas and i believe handyandy is off the radar for now from what i read

onwards

Not Anumber

posted on 8/12/13 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
HandyAndy has vanished from the scene sadly some while ago. Things fell apart from him a bit after his Mother died, Ive heard he also moved out of area and may even have sold the Roadster he was building just before it's IVA. It would be nice to see him back as he had nothing but friends on the Haynes forum but it could be months or years til he surfaces again.
Phil Eagle of Talon is best contacted by telephone or email or IM via the Haynes forum. Dont be put off by the password protected part of Phil's own site- he is the first to admit that website design is not his main skill.

Slimy38

posted on 8/12/13 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
You can also get hold of Phil via Ebay;

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/talonproducts

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.