Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nankang NS2R
Ashley Jenkins

posted on 5/12/13 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Nankang NS2R

Does anybody have any experience of these tyres? My indy is in need of 4 new tyres as all the r888 currently fitted are borderline/below legal. Now here's the thing, having just spent well over a grand fixing my gearbox, fitting a new clutch and some other bits and bobs, including a TRT to my car, I would be interested to know how 'good' a tyre costing £65 a corner would be. A friend of mine had the 120 soft compound fitted to a 350bhp MR2 and he swore by them. Thanks in advance any help greatly appreciated.
ianm67

posted on 5/12/13 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
No personal experience but they appear to get good reviews:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nankang/NS2R.htm

HTH,
IanM

Always biting off more than I can chew.....

chicade

posted on 5/12/13 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
I am interested in these too spoke to a guy at blyton and he was running them on a track spec 500bhp scooby and said could not tell the differance between the nankang and the r888 and said they was better than the 888 in the wet
Ashley Jenkins

posted on 5/12/13 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
The guy I know who ran these on his MR2 had previously had R888's and he said on track he could not find a difference in the two. He then went onto say that wet grip the underdog won hands down, especially on road.
big-vee-twin

posted on 5/12/13 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
Been running nankang on my tin top for two years in all weathers great tyres.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

bi22le

posted on 26/5/15 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
I am reigniting this thread as i am on the look out for new tyres.

NS2R have been around a while now so more people have used them.

Please contribute if you have. I will be using them for track mainly.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

loggyboy

posted on 26/5/15 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
Thre are good reviews of NS2R on various clio forums, however none ive seen rank it over the R888.
I did briefly have them (16s) on my clio, but crashed it after 3 days (nothing to do with tyres!). They did feel very good, but obviously hadn't really scrubbed in, and roads were damp in the few days I had them on for.
I have both 2R's and R888s on 15s for the next trackday to do a real comparison, but not used either yet.

Mistral Motorsport

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 26/5/15 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I run them on my striker in the soft compound and I have been impressed with them so far wet and dry grip is very good done one dry trackday and a few wet and dry road trips including very heavy rain on the way to Stoneliegh they warmed up quickly with only slight scrubbing on my Abingdon trackday in May and Abingdon can be quiet stuff on tyres when the weathers warm .hope that helps Ian good prices on tyreleader.co.uk

[Edited on 26/5/15 by ian locostzx9rc2]

obfripper

posted on 26/5/15 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a pair of the street compound on the rear, they are good once warmed up but lack the ultimate grip of the r888/a048r.
They appear to be wearing well, i have had them on for about 700 miles, and i have used about 1mm of tread, the r888's would be 2+mm down.
I would say the grip is pretty similar to a new a021r (i found the a021r to get better with lower tread depth), just the wear is a lot better.
Overall they seem to be a good compromise for a longer lasting tyre with good grip.

Dave

skippad

posted on 26/5/15 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
ive got Nankangs soft compound with XL wall on my Cliosport 182...great on road and track...they'er on multi hole wheels (100 & 108 pcd) but ive yet to try them on me MK...will do soon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 26/5/15 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies. There is a lot of info, and positive feedback, for tin tops. I was curious to see what they are offering for our lighter cars.

I have an option.

1) Replace the two worst R888 that I currently have (lefts as all UK tracks seem to be right hookers)
2) Replace all 4 with NS2R.

I like the idea of doing all 4. Mainly because I can then get my wheels refurbished at the same time.

Any one else want to chip in?

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 26/5/15 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Change them all as I said very happy with them on my striker .

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.