Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Headlights for Tiger Cat
spoonana

posted on 8/12/13 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
Headlights for Tiger Cat

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions as I'm thinking of changing my headlights on my Tiger Cat

I currently have 7" and was looking at these:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321252591718?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

they're from furoreltd

Is that member Russbost, if so I'd rather buy from a member.

Cheers

snowy2

posted on 8/12/13 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Dominators.....they look good........BUT and its a big BUT, on main beam they are quite good (my car has twin lights) but on dip beam you would better off with a hand held torch! they are VERY poor on dip beam......my car was able (due to its age 1979 reg.) to have 4 dip beams all at 100W and even then dip was not good.

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

russbost

posted on 8/12/13 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Snowy2 I would have a suspicion that either your dominators are not from us (there are many different qualities of Dominator out there, they are not all the same) or they are not connected correctly. I have seen in the past people have them connected such that on dip beam they bring on both dip & main filaments but at 6V each, hence very low levels of light!

I can post up some pics of Dominator dip beam patterns if you want, they are certainly far from a hand held torch! If you compare them to our projector headlights, then true there is no comparison, but then you're comparing a £32 light with a £100 (or thereabouts) light, not really a fair comparison.

I would say the dip & main patterns on the Dominator headlights compare very similarly to traditional 5 & 3/4 & 7" headlights.

Don't forget if we are dealing direct rather than thro' ebay I can always do a little better on the price

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
serieslandy

posted on 8/12/13 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
I'm building mine at the moment and took it for a quick run last night and my cheap led torch (not even a decent one) was brighter than the dominators on dipped.
They still look good though.

serieslandy

posted on 10/12/13 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
I'm glad you said that Russ, I couldn't figure out why I had a dim full beam light on whilst only dipped beam on. It turned out I had the earth and main beam connections round the wrong way. There MUCH brighter now.
russbost

posted on 10/12/13 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Well that's the only way I could ever see them being that bad!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
snowy2

posted on 11/12/13 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
As I said on main beam they were awesome. ....but on dip the flat dip pattern was very bright but even when set "high" just didnt light the road ahead very well in comparison my old 7"sealed beams were better on dip.
I tried lower wattage bulbs in the lamps to reduce the contrast at the cutoff point on the road to see if my vision was better but it made little or no difference

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.