Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Need a new home cinema any recommendations ?
INDY BIRD

posted on 1/1/14 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Need a new home cinema any recommendations ?

Hi all

In the market for a new home cinema system,

Ideally would like wireless system just cant stand running wires around the lounge etc,

An recommendations out there without going to mad on price etc,

Also is it better to buy a complete system or go separates

Cheers all for any help,

Sean

daniel mason

posted on 1/1/14 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
seperates by far the best sean! but without running wires to the 2 rears im not sure on your options. we never use wireless rears,but they are available.
id go for a decent av reciever, onkyo,yamaha etc with full hdmi switching. a decent pair of fronts for film and stereo, a centre of the same make as the fronts and a cheap ish sub!
youll pick up an av reciever for £250.fronts similar. cheap center,sub + rears ?

Duncan36

posted on 1/1/14 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
We have just bought a Sonos system. A play bar for the tv and Play 1's for the surround sound speakers and the same for other places in the house. Apart from the power lead (and one of them or a bridge plugging into your router) it's wireless and a cracking quality sound. 3 other of our friends bought the same over Christmas and no one has a bad word to say about it.

[Edited on 1/1/14 by Duncan36]

www.acorn-printing.co.uk
www.tshirtuk.com

daniel mason

posted on 1/1/14 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
how does it integrate with a surround sound reciever?
i have sonos also but link it through my surround amp for music only. that way im not relying on the sonos speakers and can use my monitor audios for surround or 2 channel stereo. im tempted to get a couple of play 5's for other rooms though as its excellent kit!

Duncan36

posted on 1/1/14 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
You can connect your existing speaker to it with a Sonos connect, but I've replaced all my surround sound system and stereo with just Sonos stuff.

[Edited on 1/1/14 by Duncan36]

www.acorn-printing.co.uk
www.tshirtuk.com

ceebmoj

posted on 1/1/14 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
I also have a Sonos system and it's great.
unijacko67

posted on 1/1/14 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
Optima DLP as you don't need it totally dark and not big money. I'll find a picture as we have pool table and darts so need light for that, but it still works well (not as good, but not half bad). I got mine from ebay about 6 years ago for £400 and its been great. Works better on hdmi channels as our screen is fairly big.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
unijacko67

posted on 2/1/14 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
I used to project straight onto the wall, but bought some projector material and pulled it tight over a home made frame which made a good improvement.

onto wall
Description
Description

onto screen
Description
Description

A good tip if you get one is to blow it out (dust wise) with the air line every so often, obviously with it all turned off and cool.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.