Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FOR SALE: MX5 1.6 powertrain
Jesus-Ninja

posted on 8/1/14 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
FOR SALE: MX5 1.6 powertrain

I'm going to stick it on ebay, but thought that one of you might be interested in the whole lot for a project or spares.

All from a 1991 Imported Eunos Roadster V-Spec (115BHP):
Rad
1.6 engine (includes alternator, but no PAS pump (but I think I have one spare) and no AirCon pump)
ECU
MAF with PiperX filter
Downpipe
Cat
5 Speedbox
Diff
Prop and driveshafts

£150 takes the lot.

No PPF or loom. Could be persuaded to unpick the required bits of loom for a bit more on the price. I would prefer to hang onto the PPF, but if it was important to the whole sale, I could flog that too. The set-up worked reliably for me over the last 12 months, and never missed a beat on track, although the clutch started to feel tired on the last two events.

Reason for sale? I've just dropped a Toyota V8, Nissan box and TorSen diff into the shell

Suspension geometry tool here >>> http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=81376

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

KFC

posted on 26/1/14 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
How are you getting on with the conversion?
It's something I'm planning to do but the garage needs sorting first.

Jesus-Ninja

posted on 26/1/14 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, not too bad. Engine fits and has been in and out more times than I care to remember. Record is probably about 20 times in one day!! Biggest job has been making the sump. Once that's finishes it's the last headache of modding the stock header on the driver's side to miss the steering. Everything else is plumbing / wiring.

Are you the same KFC from Nutz?

Suspension geometry tool here >>> http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=81376

Jesus-Ninja

posted on 26/1/14 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Oh, and for anyone else interested in the engine etc - it's sold now I'm afraid.

KFC

posted on 26/1/14 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus-Ninja
Yeah, not too bad. Engine fits and has been in and out more times than I care to remember. Record is probably about 20 times in one day!! Biggest job has been making the sump. Once that's finishes it's the last headache of modding the stock header on the driver's side to miss the steering. Everything else is plumbing / wiring.

Are you the same KFC from Nutz?

Ah that's cool! I've seen a thread on the Nutz forum about a similar project.
I'm fascinated with the idea of converting that little car into a fast roadster! I'm lucky that I'll be able to do all the work myself apart from some machining, I don't have those tools..

My name on the nutz forum is KFC74, I've only joined it a few days ago.

Are you changing the subframe as well? Clairtoo has made a tubular frame that is really nice, looks like it will give a lot more room to route the exhaust.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=161146

I don't know if the bumpsteer is right or could do with the subframe lowered to to correct it and give more room for the sump, ultimately lowering the C of G.
I know you've done it now but just thinking out loud.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.