Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 rev limit light
corrado vr6

posted on 2/2/14 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
R1 rev limit light

Evening all, after driving my 06 R1 5VY Indy for IVA I noticed on the motorway that the rev light was flashing like a goodun, does anyone know how I can re-programme this to a higher rev range?

Also what rev limit I should set it to?

Many thanks Greg

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

adithorp

posted on 2/2/14 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
It's in the Yam' manual. Have you got a copy? U2U me your e-mail if not and I'll send it.

You can set when it comes on and off, the brightness and whether its constant or flashing.

Copied from the manual...

To set the shift timing indicator light activation function
The shift timing indicator light activation function can be set between 7000 r/min and 15000 r/m. From
7000 r/min to 12000 r/min, the indicator light can be set in increments of 500 r/min. From 12000 r/min to
15000 r/min, the indicator light can be set in increments of 200 r/min.
1. Push the “RESET” button to select the desired engine speed for activating the indicator light.
2. Push the “SELECT” button to confirm the selected engine speed. The control mode changes to the
shift timing indicator light deactivation function.
To set the shift timing indicator light deactivation function
 The shift timing indicator light activation function can be set between 7000 r/min and 15000 r/min.
From 7000 r/min to 12000 r/min, the indicator light can be set in increments of 500 r/min. From 12000
r/min to 15000 r/min, the indicator light can be set in increments of 200 r/min.
 Be sure to set the deactivation function to a higher engine speed than for the activation function,
otherwise the shift timing indicator light will remain deactivated.
1. Push the “RESET” button to select the desired engine speed for deactivating the indicator light.
2. Push the “SELECT” button to confirm the selected engine speed. The control mode changes to the
shift timing indicator light brightness function.
To adjust the shift timing indicator light brightness
1. Push the “RESET” button to select the desired indicator light brightness level.
2. Push the “SELECT” button to confirm the selected indicator light brightness level. The right display
will return to the odometer or tripmeter mode

[Edited on 2/2/14 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

corrado vr6

posted on 2/2/14 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Wow cracking, thank you!

I didn't realise that would be in the manual

Thanks a lot
Greg

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

lucy

posted on 14/2/14 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by corrado vr6
Wow cracking, thank you!

I didn't realise that would be in the manual

Thanks a lot
Greg

The only problem that I find, is that every time I turn the master switch off I need to reset the shift light!

dave_424

posted on 14/2/14 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like one of the premanent lives to the clocks or somewhere is wired to a switched live, does the time need re-setting also?
lucy

posted on 14/2/14 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dave_424
Sounds like one of the premanent lives to the clocks or somewhere is wired to a switched live, does the time need re-setting also?

I've got a battery cut off switch that cuts all power. It also stops the battery discharging whilst it sits doing nothing in the garage. Everything else works ok when I turn it back on apart from the shift lights. They revert to the default setting of 7500 revs until I reset it! I could leave the battery cut off switch turned on, but that would prob drain the battery. Perhaps I should fit a permanent live to the clocks?

adithorp

posted on 14/2/14 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
If you've got a master cut off or disconnect the battery that'll happen. I keep meaning to check the wiring diagram to see which is the permanent live to the clocks and put a direct (fused) feed to it.

lucy

posted on 21/2/14 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
If you've got a master cut off or disconnect the battery that'll happen. I keep meaning to check the wiring diagram to see which is the permanent live to the clocks and put a direct (fused) feed to it.

Now that seems like a very good idea, as long as it doesn't drain the battery when off the road for a long time. If only I understood electrics I would much wiser and happier.

adithorp

posted on 21/2/14 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a master cut-off on mine but never normally use itunless doing electrical repairs. The only drains on the battery are the dash memory and the immobiliser LED, AFAIK; The car stands occationally for 2-3months and doesn't drain the battery.

lucy

posted on 21/2/14 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
I've got a master cut-off on mine but never normally use itunless doing electrical repairs. The only drains on the battery are the dash memory and the immobiliser LED, AFAIK; The car stands occationally for 2-3months and doesn't drain the battery.

I think what I might do is try leaving the master switch on and keep an eye on the battery condition. If it stays charged I will certainly leave it on as you suggest.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.