Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: help with zetec wiring
simon88

posted on 9/2/14 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
help with zetec wiring

Hi guys, I bought a wiring harness and ECU I already seen the post on the pats system and ECU pin numbers which has really helped.
Question is, is there a complete guide on wiring the engine??? I have a haynes but the wiring diagrams seem completely different, I want to make a custom loom and cut what I don't need.
I'm going to start drawing up a wiring diagram starting from the ECU has anyone done that before just to simplify it?

Any help would be really appreciated!!

big_wasa

posted on 9/2/14 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Even the ford diagrams ive seen are not a full loom but broken down into sections. Ie fuel ect. I've tried doing a full diagram for a 104 pin ecu and even with only half the pins being used its like looking at spaghetti and it just got silly with the st170 where 3/4 of the pins are used.

The problem is that there are different pin outs for different models.

Have you had a look at my st170 thread ? it shows how I go about the loom and cutting it up to fit something "7" shaped.

with my two threads there is all the info you need to get just about any petrol ford running 1993~2004.

simon88

posted on 10/2/14 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
I can't find it
but I did find another one on here with wiring diagrams from turnipfarmer who was very kind and emailed them in PDF so I should be able to use them

big_wasa

posted on 10/2/14 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Yep having worked with Turnipfarmer to get his project working he spent loads of time and produced a nice schematic but its not a full wiring diagram. Then again you don't need one when you know what item does what and how its wired up, its just a case of breaking it down into lots of smaller circuits . He has also added the plugs helping further with the wiring.

Zetec ecu schematic

This is my original work.

oem zetec ecu

This is the st prject and shows how I strip the loom and reverse engineer it.

St170 project

[Edited on 10/2/14 by big_wasa]

simon88

posted on 15/3/14 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
slowly getting there lol I've done most of the loom and stuff, where is the best place to mount the Lambda sensor? and where is the cylinder head temperature sensor mounted? there the only 2 I haven't got connected yet.
Cheers guys

big_wasa

posted on 15/3/14 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
The O2 sensor, I mounted mine just after the 4-1 collector.

What engine have you got ? most zetecs have the coolant sensor in the thermostat. The last of the focuses did have it in the head. Near cyl 1 on the inlet side from memory.

simon88

posted on 16/3/14 at 12:16 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers I'll mount mine the place I'm guessing the best way to do it would be welding a nut on the side? it's a zetec-e 2.0 mondeo blacktop I've looked all over I wasn't 100% sure what temperature it was taking, so I'm guessing it's the water coming out the engine.
thanks once again, hopefully I might get it fired up next week

big_wasa

posted on 16/3/14 at 12:28 AM Reply With Quote
You should have two sensors in the thermostat housing ? Top is for the ecu, bottom is for the instruments.

Of there is only one then it's for the ecu and the instruments are done by canbus from the ecu. All down to the age of the engine and what it was in.

simon88

posted on 16/3/14 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
I've got some sort of custom thermostat installed what would I need for the standard thermostat? I'll post a pic of the engine set up
[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152337543702755&set=a.10150701347307755.448990.658877754&type=1&theater[/img]

big_wasa

posted on 16/3/14 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Link not working
simon88

posted on 16/3/14 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/sciguy1988/media/10001326_10152337543702755_1469978028_n.jpg.html

sorry should work now

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.