Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cadwell Park - this Saturday 8th March
welderman

posted on 5/3/14 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
you obviously need to be a club member to compete,have a race license. and your car has to meet msa scrutineering. other than that.print the form from longton and district website and send with funds!
its a round of there championship so you may as well sign up for that as its only £15 or something. and you get £10 off per event if your regisetered!
if you want to do testing you need race lisence and have to phone up to book. also some strict db limits at certain times, and testing is weekdays only i think
cant make it andrew. ill do blyton next saturday instead if youd rather do that, javelin will let you switch if needed. and possibly mallory on 21st

[Edited on 5/3/14 by daniel mason]

Cheers for the info Daniel. Not a member of the club. But work insurance stops me from getting msa lichen and car may not pass either lol . Can do track days though

Ta

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

unijacko67

posted on 7/3/14 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Here on our own, camping, 4.5hrs as traffic was a bit busy.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
yellowcab

posted on 7/3/14 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Andrew sorry I couldn't join you this evening… I'm setting off at 05:40am, so I'll see you around 0800am ish.

Car is loaded up and ready to go

unijacko67

posted on 7/3/14 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
No worries, just going to walk the track "not". To busy on interweb. M62 was a bit packed.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
yellowcab

posted on 7/3/14 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Do you need anything bringing up with me Andrew?
unijacko67

posted on 7/3/14 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Not that I can think of mate, there's a lot booked on and I can see myself getting in a lot of traffic holding everyone up, but should be fun. Cheers.

daniel mason

posted on 8/3/14 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
anyone break any lap records

yellowcab

posted on 8/3/14 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
So today was Cadwell Park, the first track day of mine for 2014… now Cadwell Park holds a few memories for me - mainly being my personal favourite of the country from back in my Nova days, suited my driving style along with the old XE with Quaife straight-cut gearbox…. however I stacked it into the barriers at Park Corner… so there were little demons today….

Lets rewind, last night in my preparation for today - I decided to check my oil level, with it being midnight (what other time would you do such a thing?!) I didn't want to start the car, so I stupidly checked my dry sump tank and realised it was low on oil… so in my bleary eyed way… what did I do? Yes of course, I topped it up…. I thought - good job I checked, I thought…

So my trailers maiden voyage went completely without a hitch (sorry, couldn't resist) and was perfect all the way there, despite only being 90 miles from us, its completely across country up the A46 so took about 2 hours there abouts

Got the Cadwell, got car off trailer - sorted. Noise check… they spotted it was BEC, they spotted it was 11k/12k rev limit, so they asked me for 7krpm… so up I go, 103dB, thats cool with me - I'm there.

Got back to my parking space next to my trailer, to what can only be described as the Exorcist scene of oil, instead of blood… absolutely everywhere - couldn't think for the life of me where it was gushing from.

Whacked the engine off, checked the time, brilliant, not even 08:30am and we have problems, grrr.

So I was about to grab my spare t-shirts to start mopping up, but thanks to Andrew (unijacko67) he went and told the marshals who came over and did it all for me - couldn't have been better, they mopped up, put sand down, gave me a load of absorbent rally pads, and then offered to jet wash my engine bay to save it being spread about, which we did. Spot on. Thats better.

From there on in, the car ran perfectly, many thanks for the journey that my car has been on - mainly thanks to cosmick for his constant help and assistance, but equally so to Mat Gilmore @ ProComp - him and his Dad have single handedly turned my car from being a jalopy to drive, to a machine. Cannot recommend and thank them enough for their hard work last October… sorry its took so long to see the proof in the pudding, but Andrew (unijacko67) will vouch for how it handles despite everything else…

Anyway - enough of my ramblings, top day, cool, warmed up in the afternoon, no rain, put my slicks on - they were also awesome - in the process now of getting the photos up, and videos onto YouTube

My brother in law turned up, and he managed to get a cracking shot of my with my front wheels off the floor at the top of the mountain he's gone away until Monday, so I took a shot of the back of his camera - cracking catch this - I know Jon Ison has a very similar shot, but his front wheels are much further off the tarmac

[Edited on 8/3/14 by yellowcab]

yellowcab

posted on 8/3/14 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Some of Nicks photos from xtremesportsphotography

Cracking panning shot this, love the new nose from this angle

Through the woods

Uh ho, up Park straight towards Park Corner

Coming out of Barn Corner

Switching on my GoPro…

In between Barn & Coppice

Hall bends

yellowcab

posted on 8/3/14 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Daniel - not sure about records but on the video below I managed:

1m 53s (traffic)
1m 56s (traffic)
1m 47s
1m 48s
1m 50s

adithorp

posted on 8/3/14 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
I'm guessing ('cos you don't say) that it wasn't low on oil, but just drained back into the sump with the engine off, and overflowed when running.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

yellowcab

posted on 8/3/14 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry yes, I didn't explain - I wasn't aware that on a dry sump system, when the engine is switched off - the oil gets dumped in to the engine yes… so I topped it up (without it running) so when I did start it - it spewed EVERYWHERE lol
unijacko67

posted on 8/3/14 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
It was a good day, I loved it, but my ears are shot as my good lady passenger was a tad vocal. Olly (yellowcab) I need to rename you to oily, lol. Good driving Oily.

Ps forgot to take any pictures in the pits so can you send me those with the Kitten in to andrew@jacksonsmail.co.uk

Andy D

posted on 8/3/14 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Nice write up.. that pic of park straight.. how "un straight" is that!

Was that Skooby clinic car quick?

yellowcab

posted on 8/3/14 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
660bhp full out race car, yup it was mental!!!
unijacko67

posted on 8/3/14 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote

He got passed me eventually.

yellowcab

posted on 8/3/14 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
What an awesome pic lol
Jon Ison

posted on 8/3/14 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Oily, what silencer you got fitted, doesent look over large, 102 is pretty good.
yellowcab

posted on 8/3/14 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
It's 'the anchor' lol

Aprillia RSV Mille standard can, but I want it quieter ideally

unijacko67

posted on 8/3/14 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
What an awesome pic lol

Our Robert was in the scary seat of the scooby and I had Robert's mate in with me, he said it was so fast and uneventful, but I guess that's what a good driver does, the handling was out of this world and at no time did he think it was going to get out of shape.

It was a completely different scenario when he came out with me !!!!!!

Jon Ison

posted on 8/3/14 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
It's 'the anchor' lol

Aprillia RSV Mille standard can, but I want it quieter ideally

What's the fitting on those, I too am looking to get quieter, what's yr plan ?

yellowcab

posted on 8/3/14 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
The inlet bore size is huge, maybe 2.25" or something?

I'll take some pics, its rather heavy which is why I'd like to change...

yellowcab

posted on 9/3/14 at 03:09 AM Reply With Quote
First time at Cadwell Park for me in the Busa, last time I was here I was driving the Nova!

Worth a full watch for those loving bike engine'd cars... Speakers up, for some reason the first two laps remind me of greyhound racing, letting me out the stocks to catch the bait, the Civic and the two MX5's… on freezing cold slicks mind, hence slow to begin with...

Then 2m 12s is awesome… MX5, MX5, Golf GTi, Megane & Clio all on the start/finish straight heading into Coppice…

Then wait for the fastest Saxo I've come across to make an appearance, fantastic tussle, albeit I was naughty to chase on a trackday, all in the name of fun.

Brilliant trackday by Javelin, recorded on a GoPro HD Hero 2

Get sharing people

http://youtu.be/pCpuIh9ZLCA

Davey D

posted on 9/3/14 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
Did the mclarren actually go on the track? I saw it roll up in the scrutineering area at dinner time, but I left around 2:30 so didn't see him do anything other than mince around the place
daniel mason

posted on 9/3/14 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
great vid. that saxo was quick! nice driving

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.