Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car Stereo
spoonana

posted on 13/4/14 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Car Stereo

Hi all,

Strange request but has anyone had experience fitting a car stereo into a seven type car.

I'm in the process of building my Tiger Cat E1 for daily use and was looking at ways to save windscreen space. My idea was to fit a double din stereo with sat nav, bluetooth and a rear view camera mounted to some marine speakers.

Is there anything I need to be careful of or does anyone have any ideas as the best way to do it.

Many thanks

Max

austin man

posted on 13/4/14 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
I have one fitted in mine I have a 3.5 mm jack plug fitted so I can use earphones to listen to the music

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

computid

posted on 13/4/14 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I've resigned myself to using earphones and my iPhone. You just can't hear a stereo over the road noise.

Slimy38

posted on 14/4/14 at 05:13 AM Reply With Quote
I was going to go for a dash mount for my phone, with a hidden amp and (with any luck) the speakers that are in the headrest of the MX5 seats. Hopefully it'll keep the used dash space down to a minimum, inherently secure (I'd always take my phone with me), but still give me all the features of the phone. The phone would obviously need a power source (a USB port would cover that) and either a bluetooth receiver or a bog standard 3.5mm jack to plug the phone in.
Irony

posted on 14/4/14 at 06:15 AM Reply With Quote
Don't see why you put a normal stereo in these days. You could just mount a tablet in the dash. Small amp and done. You might even get a dock so it just slots in.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.