Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aintree sprint 26th April & Barbon 10th May
unijacko67

posted on 17/4/14 at 12:00 AM Reply With Quote
Aintree sprint 26th April & Barbon 10th May

Anyone doing any of these events, I've just entered them so need to get cracking with the car and all the other bits.

I need msa crash helmet & gloves, log book, timing strut, door squares, kill switch pull, tow decals and a load of other bits, but should be good.

http://www.kittenkitcar.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daniel mason

posted on 17/4/14 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
im not at either mate. but am at Anglesey 3rd and 4th may for the sprint. saturay is 2 laps of national,sunday is 1 lap of international layout.everyone at 3 sisters last week said Anglesey is a must.best event on the championship calendar! cant wait
let me know your plans for june as we may as well travel to same events if were in the same championship!

CNHSS1

posted on 17/4/14 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
not doing Aintree, as im at Loton Park Monday then Angle-in-the-sea 3rd/4th May so Aintree would've been 4 events in 3 successive weekends.

will do the June ish Aintree though. Reasonably basic for a sprint, only a few corners, but good fun nonetheless.

Daniel

will look out for you on the island, I will be in a ModProd Scimitar Sabre

[Edited on 17/4/14 by CNHSS1]

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

CNHSS1

posted on 17/4/14 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by unijacko67

I need msa crash helmet & gloves, log book, timing strut, door squares, kill switch pull, tow decals and a load of other bits, but should be good.

you don't 'need' door squares, black numbers on a contrasting background (assuming neon green!) is fine.

re kill switch pull, buy a decent one, I use the lifeline extinguisher ones as thye are better than the cheap tat versions. Before using, coat with grease or Vaseline as they capillary water and seize up! Lifeline ones the Bowden is coated not just bare steel so a little better.

for tow decals and cutoff decals, but the 'scrutineers friend' decals sheets from Demon Tweeks or RalDes.

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

daniel mason

posted on 17/4/14 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
ill pop over and say hi before the morning runs as ive never been to Anglesey so would like to pick your brains on a few things! cheers

CNHSS1

posted on 17/4/14 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
No worries :-)
Competed there a number of times over last 8 - 9 years but not done International layout, looking forward to entering Rocket after the long straight

ensure you bring clothes for sunshine, rain and sleet though, one year got sunburned Saturday and then pi55ed down Sunday am and then sleet as we left!

daniel mason

posted on 17/4/14 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
that's my usual atire! shorts and a flashers mac

unijacko67

posted on 17/4/14 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
you don't 'need' door squares, black numbers on a contrasting background (assuming neon green!) is fine.

tow decals and cutoff decals, buy the 'scrutineers friend' decals sheets from Demon Tweeks or RalDes.

Taking car for log book tomorrow so fingers crossed. Got gloves and ordered helmet today, good thinking about the pull cable, I got one with the cut off key and it look's a good one.

Been told I might not need to fit that external cut off switch cable as long as I can turn the key from the drivers seat, any ideas. Not sure if the numbers will pull the paint off so thats why I thought about door squares.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
CNHSS1

posted on 17/4/14 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
If the cars going to be sports libre and log booked im pretty sure you'll need an external cutoff pull.

If the cars road legal ie taxed motd and insured and in a mod prod or road going class then a sign on the quarter light describing where the ignition cutoff is, is sufficient, but not sure it's ok for sports libre if the cars not road legal

Door squares are a great idea to protect the paint especially on plastic cars lol. But you won't need them fitted for the log book if ya running short of time

[Edited on 17/4/14 by CNHSS1]

daniel mason

posted on 17/4/14 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
id seriously consider Anglesey,at least one of the days! your car will be very well suited to sundays international layout

unijacko67

posted on 17/4/14 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I think I need the external pull cord fitted. I can do it in the morning. The car is road legal, taxed and mot'd, but don't fit any class cos I've put the 2ltr honda motor in it. As far as I can tell it's sports libre.

Please tell me I dont need fire extinguisher as if one is fitted it needs to be in date.

Dan I might struggle to do Anglesea as I havent booked the ferry and my pasport has run out. lol

daniel mason

posted on 17/4/14 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
you don't need a fire extinguisher,but if you fit one it needs to be in good working condition. anglsey is only a 3 hour trip mate. not the end of the earth!

unijacko67

posted on 17/4/14 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
Any places left then. I prob can't do it, but you never know......

unijacko67

posted on 18/4/14 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
CNHSS1, Loton 20th & 21st are you there both days.

daniel mason

posted on 18/4/14 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
loton is 9th 10th august in our series.
theres a double header every month mate which will get you your div 1 entries
may 3rd/4th Anglesey
june7th/8th Anglesey
july 12th/13th blyton
august 9th/10th loton
sept 6th 7th, Anglesey and 6th Aintree 7th 3 sisters as well

then theres a few in between we could try. harewood,barbon,olivers mount,thoresby park.if you do 10 events in series as well as loads of others its going to be a very expensive season

CNHSS1

posted on 18/4/14 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
No, only competing at Loton Monday 21st, although only live 3 miles away and am Loton club member so attend most events to watch with my kids nd have the banter with my mates there. Are you there Sunday then?

unijacko67

posted on 18/4/14 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
I would like to come and watch, but need to be back home for 5.30pm on both days so that will mess the day up with traveling time.

Looking forward to doing the event though at some stage. Only been once just watching but it look's a good venue.

Got the car log booked today so another step forward.

CNHSS1

posted on 18/4/14 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Our championship has 22 events, mix of race circuits, sprints and hillclimb. Loton is my fave hill, but like all hillclimb really, huge sensation of speed. Sprints are fun, and love castle Combe but places like Brands Hatch Indy just leave me cold, no sensation of speed really. wisdom be Park, Gurston down and Harewood are all good though, at Harewood in June iirc

unijacko67

posted on 28/4/14 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Did Aintree, my first sprint and enjoyed a perfect day weather wise. First practice run was like driving on marbles as my slick's had loads of debris stuck to them from Blyton, so I instantly learned that the tyres should have been clean. The rear tyres soon cleaned up so I swapped the tyres around putting the fronts onto the rear and the car behaved fairly well from then on getting quicker each test. Still having some handling issues as the car is very nervous, but on reflection think that could also be down to my tyres as they have uneven wear due to being under inflated.

Question, If I put some wider rear tyres on for the next event what if anything will that possably do to the handling caracturistics as the front end is and always has been planted, but as I've been on 195's front and rear I have been struggling with the rear grip.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.