Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mk indy for sale
jacko

posted on 15/5/14 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Mk indy for sale

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=gal&user=jacko&folder=New%20Photos%20of%20the%20Car

MK Indy - Pinto for sale: See link for photographs

Built by myself, a professional vehicle body builder. (passed SVA 2004 first time)

Why spend months building a car when you can buy this one ready to go now on the road?

Taxed until end of October and MOT'd until end on June. This car has never failed an MOT!

The kit was built in 2004 and is an Original Martin Keenan Chassis/Kit

Engine - 205 Pinto block
Extensively modified/rebuilt.
Re-bored + 60 thou
New Hepalite Pistons and new shells
285 Piper Cam
Injection Head - planed by 1mm then polished and ported
Flywheel modified and lightened
New Borg and Beck Clutch end of last year
ZX9R/E motor bike carbs on a home made manifold set up at Bogg Bros on rolling road.
140bhp at rear wheels.
H & H Distributor
Stainless steel MK exhaust
Limited slip diff - (whines a bit)

See photographs! on link attached or go into my archives and look at more.

This car has only done very low yearly mileage since being built. Less than 1,000 miles per summer season.
Has never let me down. Obviously not perfect as one would expect at this age. One or two slight marks on body, but still a nice looking tidy car. Perfect for anyone who wants a cheap on the road car without the hassle of building one. With a few spares i.e. gearbox and other bits and bobs.

Reluctant Sale Good price £4,750 or very near offer.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 17/5/14 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
bump to the top as its the weekend
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 20/5/14 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Bump to the top
jacko

jacko

posted on 23/5/14 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
Weekend bump O yes please
jacko

posted on 28/5/14 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
bump
HowardB

posted on 28/5/14 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
perhaps you are destined to drive it for another glorious british summer

(and a free bump)

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

slyv12

posted on 28/5/14 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
seats

Hi, can you tell me the seat and cab width dimensions please. How much adjustment is there in the seat runners?

Need to know as I can't find any info on MK's site and want to see if I'd fit in it.

Thanks,

Simon.

jacko

posted on 1/6/14 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
seat adjustment MK

Hi Simon sorry for the long wait I have only just seen your post tonight. If you give me an idea of how tall you are and what build you are I can get an idea as to whether you will fit in my car. The drivers seat is fixed but on runners and can be changed to adjustable and a few of my mates are quite tall and fit in MK's. I am 5' 8" tall and quite a big build 14 stoneish my son is 6' 2" and fits. The seat width is approx 15" and the between the outside wall of the car and the prop shaft tunnel is 17". From the bottom of the steering wheel to the backrest of the seat is 25". Where do you live? If not too far away you could come and try see if you fit and have a ride. Graham
slyv12

posted on 2/6/14 at 06:43 AM Reply With Quote
seat

I'm 6'4" and about 16 stone although this would be the best reason to diet ever. Wouldn't be possible to come and just look as I live in north Devon. I'll take your measurements and compare them to my friends Westfield seight which I know I fit in and get back to you.

Thanks,

Simon.

thehodgesfamily

posted on 6/6/14 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Is this still for sale? May be interested as a sunday fun / hill climber.
jacko

posted on 6/6/14 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hi yes its still up for sale if you can use the u2u on here send my your phone number and i will ring you
i will send you my number now on u2u then its not public

jacko

posted on 9/6/14 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Car now on Pistonheads link to follow. Jacko
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/classifieds/used-cars/kit-cars/mk/mk-indy------2004/2400687

[Edited on 10/6/14 by jacko]

treeuk

posted on 11/6/14 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
mk

Hi I am interested in your mk, on pistonheads you say the diff is noisy, is it shot, what axle do you use on these so I have an idea to replace. do you see any issue with passing test this time. Also if I made an acceptable offer with a deposit would you be ok till next weekend for collection
cheers simon

si

jacko

posted on 11/6/14 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Simon Graham isn't in yet if you would like to U2U him your phone number I will get him to ring you. Kathryn (his wife)

Hi this is Graham, I have just got in the rear diff is a sierra 7" which is the most commonly used on MK's. Any sierra 7" diff will fit it. If I was keeping the car I would have changed it but it runs perfectly well as it is. It's just a bit noisy. I have no doubt that the car will pass its MOT it has every time for the last 7 years without anything needing to be done. Could you give me an idea as to where you are from? If we agree a price I don't have a problem with taking a deposit and keeping it for you. If you don't know how to U2U look in my profile and you will find my e mail address. You can get in touch that way if you want to speak more privately. Graham p.s. I am going out at 6.30 so will speak tomorrow if I don't hear from you before then.

[Edited on 11/6/14 by jacko]

kingster996

posted on 11/6/14 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by treeuk
what axle do you use on these so I have an idea to replace.

MK Indy's have independent rear suspension and use a Sierra Diff. This one is a LSD variety (Limited Slip), but you can always replace with non-LSD, or repair the internals. You just need to ensure it has the correct means of connection to the driveshafts as there are generally two, push-in and bolt-on (LSD usually has bolt on)

Search ebay for one for an idea of prices linky

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure

jacko

posted on 14/6/14 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
And another bump to the top
Jacko

treeuk

posted on 19/6/14 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
mk

Hi Graham I wont be able to go any further with it have been let down on my side but free bump

si

jacko

posted on 20/6/14 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Simon
don't worry about it.
I hope the bike sale come's off in the end
you know where i am if you change your mind
Graham

treeuk

posted on 22/6/14 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
will do cheers

si

jacko

posted on 23/6/14 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
Now comes with a full years MOT from 1st of July 2014!

Jacko

jacko

posted on 29/6/14 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Sold MK Indy

Just said goodbye to my beautiful MK Indy. Just going to cry into my beer!

Just sold it to two great blokes who are going to share it and get the use out of it that I didn't. They tell me they are going to do the Nuremberg Ring next month. They tell me they will be joining the locost forum shortly so lookout for them. Graham (in tears).

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.