Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2011 Spire GT-3 RGB Racer
yellowcab

posted on 28/7/14 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Got the death rattle, where the hard wearing casing has worn off on the primary gear on the crank

New engine or new crank time… engine is out now… I'll post some photos

yellowcab

posted on 28/7/14 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Clutch cover off, to have a peak at the primary gear on the crank

Clutch plates out

All dis-assembled

Hard wearing coating worn off

Bendy radiator can come off, along with oil cooler

Could do with losing this radiator, fan and water capacity (7kg! from drivers side)

How it currently sits...

Only three weekends now, then Silverstone!

daniel mason

posted on 28/7/14 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Are those the double adjustable protech dampers? If so where have you set your rebound damping? I have left mine as per race setup at force racing and never adjusted them since. I play with the bump a fair bit but leave he rebound @ +5 rear +8 front. This is mainly as I'm running a soft wide slick on the rear and the start is critical in sprinting.it enables the rear to squat off the line without rebounding too agressively but sill transfers weight well under braking

yellowcab

posted on 29/7/14 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
Race 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il9hP8z4QTw

Andy D

posted on 29/7/14 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Enjoyed that. You obviously got your braking / down changing / slipper clutch issue sorted out.
yellowcab

posted on 1/8/14 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Andy - yes it appear I was running 100% rear bias, thus locking up the rear brakes - obviously only evident when I was really pushing on…

This was locking the rear axel and effectively stalling the engine, until I let go of the brakes, then the car would 'jump start' again so to speak.

Here is a little montage I made from my wires footage from the trackside which includes the commentary, with my Race 1 footage inset & synched.

yellowcab

posted on 1/8/14 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
My two fastest laps of the weekend of 1:12.62 in testing (right) and 1:12.73 in Race 1 (left)

loggyboy

posted on 1/8/14 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Have you done comparison with your quali laps to see where you were loosing that 1 sec?

Mistral Motorsport

loggyboy

posted on 1/8/14 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting to see where you lost time in the race one, on the exit kerb of bend 2, then gain it back as you got caught in traffic on the final bend on the practice. Must have been 4 tenths. Can you get footage from any of the front runners to compare also?

Mistral Motorsport

yellowcab

posted on 1/8/14 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting you should say that - my best qualifying laps were:

1:13.32 (putting me 9th on the grid for Race 1)
1:13.40 (putting me 7th on the grid for Race 2)

It was in testing on the Friday that my dash said I had managed a 1:12.62…

Race 1 fastest was 1:12.93
Race 2 fastest was 1:12.73

So despite the car 'feeling' worse in Race 2… it was quicker

Race 2 is pretty boring in terms of overtaking, but from an analysis point of view, you can see I suffer badly from understeer very quickly changing to oversteer - but from 9minutes in, I settle into it, and my steering input reduces & improves lines (too late by then to make much difference, lol)

loggyboy

posted on 1/8/14 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Love the kids 'go daddy' in the montage!
Just tell the wife to hold the phone the other way... It get so annoyed at mine for that.. lol

Mistral Motorsport

yellowcab

posted on 1/8/14 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah - here is the current champion Matt 'big balls no fear' Higginson - starting from 11th due to a failure during qualifying… getting from 11th to 2nd within 3 laps

Late braking, race craft and a well setup car goes a long way!

The front runners were doing constant late 1:10s / early 1:11s

yellowcab

posted on 1/8/14 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
LOL at Emily & Leo - true supporters huh

Oh - you'll notice by Matt's footage just how lack of grip there is at Anglesey in general lol

yellowcab

posted on 25/8/14 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
For all the 'live' updates when I'm at a circuit I tend to use Facebook as its a damn site easier, quicker and better for posting immediate photos… please feel free to 'Like' my page:

https://www.facebook.com/emileoracing

Race 1 Video:

Started 6th, got 5th off the line, but Paul Rogers and I had a nice drag race down Hangar Straight - his slippery number got me on the straight…

Then kept 6th all race with Tony Gaunt and Duncan Horlor all over my back end, until the last lap of the race annoyingly.

By far my 'biggest moment' so far is at 1m 03s when Paul Rogers gets me at Stowe, I run wide on the exit and my rear wheels on the astroturf… could have been nasty, but caught it in time…

They well and truly rattled me, good on them - cracking race!

Finished 8th, for my 7th race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC8pNhkVh5I&list=UUCpP5dFARRhF0vlmAKtEF4A

[Edited on 25/8/14 by yellowcab]

yellowcab

posted on 25/8/14 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Race 2 Video:

Started in 6th, my best yet… got upto 4th for half a lap, remained in 5th for three laps with Paul Rogers all over my back end… and 6th for a further lap where Duncan walked through the door I left ajar for him.

Finally getting used to 'Village Corner' enjoyed my four wheel slide (however much sideways isn't forwards) at 12m 35s

Overall - finished 7th, very pleased for yet another circuit I've never been to in my life before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxKj6B5Z6V0&list=UUCpP5dFARRhF0vlmAKtEF4A

40inches

posted on 25/8/14 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
Well done Olly
I've even signed up to that Face ache thingy, so I can follow you

yellowcab

posted on 2/9/14 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
u2u me your name then Dave so we can be 'friends' lol

Can't find you on Facebook

I'm feeling like an update should happen on here… as there has plenty been going on that I've took pics of, but I've not done anything with...

yellowcab

posted on 16/9/14 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
Crashed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecgk-FqytrQ&list=UUCpP5dFARRhF0vlmAKtEF4A

Fixed it, raced it, came 5th - happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPlqj4FBEPM

Andy D

posted on 16/9/14 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Do you know what caused it? It just looked like you understeered off?
yellowcab

posted on 16/9/14 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Cock on!
Andy D

posted on 16/9/14 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by yellowcab
Cock on!

What, no excuses?

Much damage?

Just watched your race footage. Bloody good result, but how did you feel about the race? ..bit lonely..

yellowcab

posted on 16/9/14 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
No excuses - driver error, forgot to brake and turn in… entry speed too fast, ran out of talent, yar-de-yarrr…

Bent upper front wishbone, and three snapped rose joints

Worked through friday night, ended up corner weighting it and string lining it in the scrutineering bay around 10pm, in order to get out for qualifying.

Race was lonely, but satisfying that I was keeping a distance from DH & DW behind me, and not losing 'toooo' much time from PR & JC

yellowcab

posted on 23/9/14 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
My appalling Race 2 footage from Cadwell Park… Mediocre start to begin with, followed the pack through turn 1, and managed to get on the inside of Colin Chapman… but then I seemed to fall asleep going up Park straight and forgot to turn in for Park corner on lap one (what an idiot) regained the track, made up some ground.

Overtook David Watson, did almost did a complete lap but not quite (he crossed the start/finish line at the same time as me) got caught behind Austen & James… red flag came out due to Jason Stowes departure.

Restarted on the grid behind Dave Watson again, then we were told by marshals we are going to have a green flag lap… which they seemed to change their minds and didn't tell half the grid.

I then stalled it anyway, so it didn't actually matter, so set off last last, David Wale seemed to have a worse start than me squirming around on his own.

Made a knee-jerk overtake on Neil CB at the hairpin, but then I then came together with Ian Kempston (sorry) who I thought had moved left to allow me to over take at Barn, but then slammed the door shut after I had committed to take him on the inside, clinking his rear right with my front left.

Then managed to catch the rest of the pack, overtaking Mark Betts, Richard Wise, Colin Spicer and settled behind Austen in 10th position…

Enjoy, or not…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blpx4cGl47g&list=UUCpP5dFARRhF0vlmAKtEF4A

PAUL FISHER

posted on 23/9/14 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Superb video, enjoyed that, nice brave overtake into "Park" at about 8 minutes. You looked a fair bit quicker in that video, when you have someone to chase down, than you did in the first race video
yellowcab

posted on 23/9/14 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Paul - yes, its interesting the perception when racing, that when you're not overtaken people - its easily misconstrued that you're sandbagging.

I enjoyed getting back through the pack - but I have to admit I was fuming with myself for my first off on lap one, then the stall…

<<  4    5    6    7    8    9    10  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.