Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA Application
gaz05

posted on 23/5/14 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
IVA Application

Getting all my stuff together for IVA application. After four years of building I've got hundreds of receipts and photos. Has anyone just sent copies of everything on a CD? Or do they need hard copies?

There will be more questions to come .

loggyboy

posted on 23/5/14 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
IVA wont need any reciepts, just a few photos of any where they cant see or to prove works been done thats painted or covered etc.
Save the reciepts for registration.

Mistral Motorsport

leon51274

posted on 23/5/14 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
Just applied for mine, all I sent was a selection of copied and signed invoices and a selection of pics on a cd. I had no problems with what I sent and my IVA is a week next Thursday.

Good luck!

gaz05

posted on 23/5/14 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
IVA wont need any reciepts, just a few photos of any where they cant see or to prove works been done thats painted or covered etc.
Save the reciepts for registration.

Confused. The Application form asks for receipts and photos (Section 7)

adithorp

posted on 23/5/14 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
For IVA application they want copies of reciepts for major components and photos in various stages of build to show you built it.
At the IVA test they might want photos of things they can't easily see (like seat belt anchorages) to save asking you to remove stuff. They'll also want proofofengine age if pre'Sept'95. And certification for some hoses (fuel filler + brake res'...).

Some people have sent a CD of photos and thats been OK, but I think the reciepts have to be hard copies. Either VOSA or DVLA require the originals and not copies but I can'tremember which.

[Edited on 23/5/14 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

loggyboy

posted on 23/5/14 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
I would assume its where theyre request them for evidence of where a rebuilt vehicle is being IVA's
(see guidance notes Section 3-S)
No receipts are requested any where else in the guidance.

Mistral Motorsport

The Black Flash

posted on 23/5/14 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
It's for the self-built declaration from what I remember.

I sent copies of reciepts for the major items (about 6 - kit from Dax, some engine work, some donor bits), and about 8 photos on a cd of some build milestones (bare chassis in garage, engine coming out of donor, going into chassis, chassis on wheels, completed car). Got the CD back a few weeks later.

It's a person at the other end and they're not going to wade through a thousand bits of paper work - just send them the important main bits.

For IVA itself I took a laptop with hundreds of photos on, which did come in useful when he wanted to look at the fuel tank earth etc which was rather hard to get at - he was happy to look at a few photos.

serieslandy

posted on 23/5/14 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
For my initial application I sent the forms and a few reciepts of the major items, chassis bodywork, donor, suspension, steering ect.

Once you have sent the forms off, apply for a v55/5 (or4) as this takes two weeks to arrive.
This is my iva time line so far:
1st May Forms posted special delivery
8th paid for test and applied for v55/5
19th v55/5 arrived in the post
22nd recieved an email from vosa. I phoned the test centre and later that day got a date of 6th june.

HTH

SteveWallace

posted on 24/5/14 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
For the IVA application, I sent a CD with build photos and also photocopies of receipts that I signed to certify them as true copies (there is guidance somewhere that asks you to do that if your not sending original receipts) as I wanted to keep the originals. I didn't get the copies of the receipts back, but they did send the CD back.

For the test itself, I took my laptop in case they wanted to look at any photo's of hard to see parts on the finished car, plus the hard copies of the receipts plus evidence of the engine revs at peak power (so that they had a record of what revs to test the noise at - important for me because I got it wrong on the IVA application form - doh). The only thing that they looked at was the peak power evidence.

For DVLA registration, I have sent original receipts (their guidance says that they will not accept copies) and the same CD with a Word copy of the build manual added as DVLA also seem to want build plans to show that its a self build. All sent registered post as they have a reputation for loosing the application and then claiming it never arrived. Still waiting for a response, which is due next week according to their own performance indicator.

Dave Bailey

posted on 3/6/14 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Good Luck for Friday......
Dave Bailey

posted on 3/6/14 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Good Luck for Friday......

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.