Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How do i get matching paint colour?
The Knobs

posted on 27/5/14 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
How do i get matching paint colour?

My car is brg and want to know exactly which one to get as there are loads. Can I take a bit of panel somewhere to find out which brg it is?
theprisioner

posted on 27/5/14 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
I had exactly this problem with a red colour. I took it to the local professional car Paint Store. Some stores have electronic gizmo's and match it by electronic spectrum analysis. My store has a very experienced guy with swatches and the daylight outside. He matched it exactly first time.

My mates said he has never matched anything in his life as he is colour blind. I think they were taking the wee however as I am very pleased with the result.

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

David Jenkins

posted on 27/5/14 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
I took a small piece of GRP to my local Halfords when I wanted to spray up a small item for my car - spent a boring 30 minutes looking through their colour charts until I found the right one (Mercedes Signal Yellow!). The book has a hole in the centre of each colour chip that you can put over your sample to get a direct comparison. They then mixed the colour in cellulose and made up a couple of spray cans for me - they were quite good cans, and sprayed well.

This was a year or two ago - I presume that they still do it - although Halfords seemed much reduced last time I went in...

wicket

posted on 27/5/14 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
We have a company locally that can scan a colour sample and mix accordingly and put the paint in spray cans if thats what you want. Maybe you have similar.
The Knobs

posted on 27/5/14 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
So better stick a bit of the car in the van and try and find an expert, or Halfrauds
rash12

posted on 27/5/14 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
we have Humberside paints they can match paint from a sample but probably to far from you
coyoteboy

posted on 27/5/14 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
I've tried 4 places that offer everything from the spectrum matching to visual old-timer matching processes and none of them ever managed to match my plain white shade. Going to end up with a complete respray.

The Black Flash

posted on 27/5/14 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
I used an online place, can't remember the name but there are a few. You can send them in a bit of bodywork and they'll match it, I just used an offcut bit of grp. Then they'll mix you some paint and put it in aerosols for you.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.