Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: how long
rash12

posted on 3/6/14 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
how long

hi anyone know the rough waiting time for dvla to issue docs and plate after passing iva and sending forms off pls

thanks

smart51

posted on 3/6/14 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
I think I read that it was 3 days. Some weeks after my DVLA inspection, and several emails later, I managed to speak to someone on the phone who said they would do it the next week. When I told them they should have done it within 3 days of receipt of the forms and that she wasn't even planning to do it within 3 days of the phone all, she did it straight away and gave me the reg no on the phone. My number plates arrived from The Channel Islands by post on the same day as the forms from the DVLA. Don't let them get away with making you wait.
turnipfarmer

posted on 3/6/14 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
According to the DVLA website, you should get a licence and form V948 (number plate authorisation certificate) 'within 2 weeks' of sending in your application. The V5 & things like identity documents, receipts etc should come back '4-6 weeks after submission'.

Sent my stuff off 2 weeks & 1 day ago. Hadn't heard anything by yesterday, so gave them a bell.

They said they had received the application, but that it 'hadn't been processed yet.' Seems there are 9 others in front of mine, but should be done 'later this week'.

The wait continues!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.