Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Form V627/1 Help required please
leon51274

posted on 7/6/14 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Form V627/1 Help required please

Morning

Well my head is a shed with these dvla forms and I could do with a little assistance please.

Form V627/1
Top right hand corner: Are these the details of the kit car or the donor vehicle?
Serial number: Is this the reg number of the donor or the chassis number?
Origin: Assume this is the reg number of the donor unless supplied new?
Make of Vehicle component: Absolutely no idea what I'm suppose to enter here!
Last Column Yes/No see below under receipt header: Any idea what I'm suppose to enter here?

To clarify, the only parts I've used from the donor are the Rear diff and drive shafts, Transmission and the steering assembly. Am I correct in saying that all other components lists on the form are left blank?

Turning the page over.
Original parts not used: Am I just put scrapped?

Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks
Leon

MsD

posted on 7/6/14 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Oh no.... I sent all my forms away yesturday and don't recall filling this one in! Great....

Good luck anyway! Mark.

Davedew

posted on 7/6/14 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Top right are details of the kit car.

Serial number would be engine number for example.
origin would be donor reg, new, or left blank.
Make of component would be Ford for example.
If you have a receipt for the declared part put yes and include a copy.

hth

adithorp

posted on 7/6/14 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
1. Yes kit details (for Reg no I put "not issued"
2. Serial No is any component serial, so engine No for example. If it doesn't have one put N/A
3. Yes donor car reg' or "new"
4. Make is the same as donor so "Ford"or the component manufacturer "Wilwood" etc.
5. Is a reciept included?
6. I listed the all the parts.
7. Yes, "scrapped"

edit... where did that winky smiley come from?

[Edited on 7/6/14 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

leon51274

posted on 7/6/14 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, cheers chaps.

Just to clarify though, the engine isn't out of the donor, so do I still put down the relevant information for this or do I leave that blank? Same applies to the other items that weren't from the donor?

Cheers
Leon

SteveWallace

posted on 7/6/14 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
I completed mine as follows and I go the V5C for the kit through today, so they must have liked it:

i) In serial/ID I put the serial number of the engine and the VIN number of the chassis

ii) In origin as I didn't have the registration numbers as I got the donor parts from various sources, I just put either 'donor' or 'new' as appropriate. This included the engine

iii) Under 'make of vehicle' I put 'Ford', 'BMW', 'D&F Propshafts' or 'Luego' depending on the source

iv) I included receipts for all the major parts

On page 2,

Section A: I just stated that the donor parts were bought as individual items and therefore I didn't have anything to dispose of

Section B: I noted that I had included a CD with build photos as proof of self build and not an import

Section C: I wrote a few lines to explain the nature of the build - new major components from Luego, other major components (engine, running gear etc) from various donor vehicles, new other components (seats, seatbelts, instruments etc) from a variety of sources, and various other bits fabricated by myself.

leon51274

posted on 7/6/14 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWallace
I completed mine as follows and I go the V5C for the kit through today, so they must have liked it:

i) In serial/ID I put the serial number of the engine and the VIN number of the chassis

ii) In origin as I didn't have the registration numbers as I got the donor parts from various sources, I just put either 'donor' or 'new' as appropriate. This included the engine

iii) Under 'make of vehicle' I put 'Ford', 'BMW', 'D&F Propshafts' or 'Luego' depending on the source

iv) I included receipts for all the major parts

On page 2,

Section A: I just stated that the donor parts were bought as individual items and therefore I didn't have anything to dispose of

Section B: I noted that I had included a CD with build photos as proof of self build and not an import

Section C: I wrote a few lines to explain the nature of the build - new major components from Luego, other major components (engine, running gear etc) from various donor vehicles, new other components (seats, seatbelts, instruments etc) from a variety of sources, and various other bits fabricated by myself.

I take it you got a q plate then?

SteveWallace

posted on 7/6/14 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
I did, I knew that I was never going to get anything else due to the way that I sourced all of the parts. The only part that I knew the donor registration for was the BMW that I got the matching ECU, immobiliser unit and key chip from.

I don't have a problem with Q plates - don't really understand why some people don't like them.

[Edited on 7/6/14 by SteveWallace]

leon51274

posted on 7/6/14 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWallace
I did, I knew that I was never going to get anything else due to the way that I sourced all of the parts. The only part that I knew the donor registration for was the BMW that I got the matching ECU, immobiliser unit and key chip from.

I don't have a problem with Q plates - don't really understand why some people don't like them.

[Edited on 7/6/14 by SteveWallace] [/quote

Nor do I to be honest but seeing as though I have a v5 it would be rude not to try for an age related plate, only issue I see is the chassis has not been manufactured by a manufacturer.

Davedew

posted on 7/6/14 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
For my Haynes Roadster I put the chassis number in the serial number box.
Origin as new. Put my name in make box seeing as I made the chassis.
Receipts as yes and put copies of steel receipts in.
Went through DVLA fine.

leon51274

posted on 7/6/14 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davedew
For my Haynes Roadster I put the chassis number in the serial number box.
Origin as new. Put my name in make box seeing as I made the chassis.
Receipts as yes and put copies of steel receipts in.
Went through DVLA fine.

Perfect! The final piece to my jigsaw.

Cheers chaps much appreciated.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.