Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tiger Avon Track Car - For Sale
mrbeans

posted on 2/7/14 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Tiger Avon Track Car - For Sale

Hi Guys

I am new to the forum, have been advertising the car on ebay, but not attracting the right audience.

So thought I would give here a go.

Please note this is a track car, so some bits of fiberglass aren't as tidy as road versions. I also didn't get involved in any of the mechanical construction parts of the build. So if you have any detailed mechanical queries, I might be a day or two in getting back to you.

£6000 ono

- As seen at BHP Performance Show at Lydden Hill 5th May -

Tiger Avon 2007
Approx 3000 miles
2 Litres RS2000 (Pinto) Engine
Webber 45’s with trumpets, gauze and breather holes
4 Speed Box (Perfect for Lydden Hill)
Full Tiger Race Roll Cage FIA Approved
Kirkey Racing Seat (zero movement) and simple passenger seat.
5 point Luke Harness and 4 point on passenger
Alloy Sump
Oil Catch Can
Gear Box breather
Vented/drilled front disk brakes, green stuff pads
OBP Motorsport Race pedal box
4 sets of wheels 2 x 13” set of 4 (Lightweight alloys) with medium compound slicks (part worn)
The car is set up to run on 16/53/13 been a race series slick that you can pick up part worn very cheaply.
You can easily get 2 heavy days out of set of part worn slicks. That combined with 6 litres of fuel per 20 mins sessions going hard, makes track days quite cost effective.
2 x 15” set of 4 (Wolfrace) with Avon Proxies road tyres (part worn) as show on road version of car.
Longacre Mirrors
Oversize Bosch Battery
Carbon Fibre front arches
Aeroscreen and Stone chip guards
Adjustable suspension all round
Well vented manifold and custom Powerflow exhaust
Silencer 102 decibel
New Brise race starter motor £250.
Powder coated chassis
Lightweight radiator
Was originally built and assembled by Chester Sports Cars (an approved distributor of Tiger Cars)

Now setup for track days, runs brilliantly and handles whatever is thrown at it.
As with all track cars, bodywork does have the standard ware and tear.
The rev counter is currently also not working, you don't need it anyway as never have time to look. Will try and plug back in.
Could easily be converted back to road. Requires lights, windscreen is supplied.
Currently Sorn on J registration not Q plate.
Excellent feedback while driving and inspires confidence.
Amazing grip, braking and acceleration.

Converted car from road to race to get into track days. Now looking to get race series car.

Custom fit trailer also available on request.

A word of advice:
If your looking to get a track car, or currently contemplating converting your car to track use. You are better off buying a track ready car as the cost of conversion from road, to get a reliable safe car is hard to recuperate. This car cost almost £9k to get to this standard. As you need to ensure the car performs correctly under extreme conditions, so various mods and upgrades are required. This was also adjusted to run of an easily available 13 inch slick tyre, so you are not wasting money on expensive tyres. I am fortunate enough to have an ex world champ oval circuit racer as a mechanic, so everything is now reliable and up to spec. This car is safe, reliable and wont let you down on a track day, many cars fall short and cant go the distance.

Main reason I am selling is that I am looking to get more power, of which I wouldn't have trusted myself with before. This car is quick at 124bhp (Tuned at BD engineering Sittingbourne), but not enough to be at the front of the field. Makes an ideal option to get your confidence in a lotus 7 type car, as very reliable and cost effective to run.

[i mg]http://www.nakedvision.co.uk/tiger/57-9.JPG[/img]

[Edited on 2/7/14 by mrbeans]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

jossey

posted on 2/7/14 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Are you confident on what you have it valued at?

David

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mrbeans

posted on 2/7/14 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
I think so, as its a track car its not in the pristine condition a lot of people expect from a road car.

So hopefully looking for a hassle free quick sale.

Thanks for pointing it out though.

Ben

austin man

posted on 2/7/14 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
a good tidy pinto engined road going car with a good spec would only just make that kind of money personally I think the price is high if there had been a well sorted zetec or duratec under the bonnet then may be

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

mrbeans

posted on 2/7/14 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Ok fair enough. I am open to offers.

I do also have a trailer that I could throw in if the price was right.

I suppose for me I brought the car for 4k, then made various upgrades over 4 years. So the car was safe, reliable and performed well on track. Plus adapted it so it could be run on easy obtainable slicks.

As I see it as crazy what people spend on tyres, plus also I see it daft to hold off pushing the car to the max on track because you are worried about rolling it. So made the car cheap to run and super safe so you can push all you want. All in all this cost me another 5k to be sorted for all day track sessions.

So I guess its nice to try and recoup what I can.

If you are interested, feel free to suggest a price. Thanks

daveb666

posted on 2/7/14 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
What an unfriendly welcome to the forum youve been given.

I didnt see a "whats it worth" at the start if the posg?

Does LCB not have a "if not interested in the item for sale then don't comment" rule? It should.

Overpriced or not, it says one and is up to any interested parties to negotiate appropriately.

Out of order IMO.

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

austin man

posted on 2/7/14 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Was only trying to help him with his sale didnt mean any offence at all sorry if any given or taken merely letting you know what out there at the moment. Should have added that Pistonheads would be a good place to advertise

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

mrbeans

posted on 2/7/14 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the support. No worries though. No harm done.

At least it's a negotiation starting point.

austin man

posted on 2/7/14 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
you could also do with adding your location to your info this can help too

mrbeans

posted on 3/7/14 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
Have had a rethink, re price.

If your still reading this thread.

I would happy settle for £5000 for the car and all extra (16 wheels etc).

Or £5500 including trailer (twin axle, braked, with custom modification to fix wider avon rear axel).

If I have no luck, will go down the Piston Head route, thanks for that.

The car is based near Ashford in Kent. Next track day is 2nd August, Lydden Hill, if not sold by then.

Cheers

Ben

Autoflock Motorsport

posted on 3/7/14 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Have you got any pics of the trailer?

As above with price, value it at what you feel its worth, cars go for silly cheap and silly expensive prices so its just what ever people are willing to pay for it, I paid 6k for my dom which has pretty much all top spec gear on it, but my mate has bought one for 4700 with very similar spec (yes im a tad gutted lol)

Welcome to the forum as well mate.

If you want to send any pics via email please use:

raj@autoflock.co.uk or rajbanerjee80@hotmail.com

Kind regards

Raj

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=183445

mrbeans

posted on 4/7/14 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the welcome and interest.

I don't have any trailer only pics as the car is not at home at the mo, as I am currently building a garage.

The trailer bed could do with a paint and a bit of a tidy up, only cosmetic though, also needs a new jockey wheel (doesn't turn but can be dropped down and fastened), and one of the side lights over the wheels flickers. Otherwise the axels, brakes, tyres, ramps, bed and frame, are all good. It is a really well balanced, great towing and sturdy trailer. Easy to hitch and un hitch when fully loaded with one person. As mentioned before the rear of the trailer has been modified to allow for the extra rear axle width of the Avon.

I am only interested in selling the car with or without the trailer, not the trailer on its own.

Any queries email bjeanes@me.com

mrbeans

posted on 1/9/14 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Price Reduced on Tiger Avon

Hi Guys

I have reduced the price on my Tiger Avon Track car.

It on ebay at the moment: Tiger Avon Track Car/Kit Car. Lotus 7 style chassis used by Westfield &' Caterham

The reserve is set at £4000 let me know if interested.

Thanks

Ben

Sierra

posted on 1/9/14 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
If you end up splitting it up then I would be interested in the cage.

Thanks

jossey

posted on 1/9/14 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hope it sells this time Ben.

4k is a good price for that car.

Good luck.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mrbeans

posted on 2/9/14 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks David, lets hope so.

If anyone has got any offers or interest, I would be keen to discuss in more detail.

Going to take the car for one last session at Lydden Hill this saturday afternoon and whack a for sale sign on it, will hopefully drum up some interest, as a great car on that track.

In regards to breaking it up, I would rather not, too time consuming, plus running out of space.

Thanks

Ben

Digimon

posted on 2/9/14 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
I've seen this car down at Lydden Hill, its a quick car around Lydden would be a shame to break it for parts
mrbeans

posted on 3/9/14 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Digimon, I remember your MNR looking very tidy.

Yep agree don't really want to break it up, feeling gutted enough about getting rid of it.

mrbeans

posted on 10/9/14 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
CAR IS NOW SOLD

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.