Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: propshaft
heyzee

posted on 14/11/04 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
propshaft

can anyone give me the dimensions of the propshaft needed to fit a indy with a r1 engine,as i can get one made up through work on there account.sounds like too good a opertunity to miss out on
Hellfire

posted on 14/11/04 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Too good to be true?

Depends who's engine cradle you have and where your engine is located. There is not really a standard length as they vary a little bit from chassis to chassis. Though the prop is on a slider/spline so you have some tolerance.

Best bet is to fit prop and fit engine, measure the distance yourself. Job done! You'll only blame others if it's incorrect won't you? This way you can only blame yourself, which we all do... regularly, with this hobby!

Also, with regard to making/mod'ing your own prop... be very, very careful you wouldn't want it to fail at high speeds - there have been instances where this has happened (most not due solely to prop) but if it does happen... it will be very scarey! Do a search - or ask woodster, he seems to know what it's like to throw a prop.

[Edited on 14-11-04 by Hellfire]

heyzee

posted on 14/11/04 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
propshaft

im not makeing it myself it will be done through a proper propshaft company.i wouldnt make a prop for a motorised go cart let alone a car that will reach 100mph..the company will make it they just need to know lengths and where centre bearing goes
Gripenland

posted on 14/11/04 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
If you tell me the unsupported length, diameter and wall-thicknes, I can calculate maximum torque and critical RPM for you.

kokos-racing.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.