Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tonneau cover maker Aylesbury
Disgruntled karter

posted on 18/7/14 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Tonneau cover maker Aylesbury

Hi Looking for somewhere to get a tonneau cover made for the Locost in the Aylesbury area, I'm assuming that as all these cars are a bit of a one off it will have to be delivered to the trimmer to get the work done and currently I don't have a trailer and will have to use a transport company to get it there hence the need for a local supplier. Did think I'd found a place in little Horwood but apparently the chap "doesn't do Tonneau's" I suspect he meant kit cars are a bit down market but hey ho his loss
bi22le

posted on 18/7/14 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
When I got mine made many years back I made my own template and sent it to a trimmer (a LCB user that is no longer active). He made the tonneau to my shape and sent it back. I then brought a popper kit from ebay and all was good.

Try calling trimmers further afield and see if they want to make some thing to your spec.

I used a piece of thick transparent tarpaulin sheet and marked it with loads of notes using a sharpie pen.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.