Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Velocity Xt - Screen/ Aero Screen
jdemille

posted on 10/8/14 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Velocity Xt - Screen/ Aero Screen

Hi there,
I'm recently the proud owner of a Velocity. The car is fantastic with a great spec. But with no screen or Aero Screen .... a helmet is a must at the moment. Does anyone know of a screen that will fit? Also does anyone know of a good aero-screen??
I'm thinking that the aero- screen is the way forward as these are adequate. With a proper screen washers/wipers and heater are required which adds hassle.
Any comments/advice will be great!

Cheers again, James

matt5964

posted on 10/8/14 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jdemille
Hi there,
I'm recently the proud owner of a Velocity. The car is fantastic with a great spec. But with no screen or Aero Screen .... a helmet is a must at the moment. Does anyone know of a screen that will fit? Also does anyone know of a good aero-screen??
I'm thinking that the aero- screen is the way forward as these are adequate. With a proper screen washers/wipers and heater are required which adds hassle.
Any comments/advice will be great!

Cheers again, James

I have a screen that came with my car but we never used it, not even opened it out of the packing

Luego velocity XT 2.0ltr 221.3bhp 178.9lbft

Andybarbet

posted on 11/8/14 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
I have a double bubble carbon aeroscreen that will be going on my velocity xt.

I think it is made by Aerodynamix, might be worth contacting them. I got it 2nd hand so cant be sure.

http://www.aerodynamix.co.uk/aero-screen---double-bubble.html

I can check measurements against the details in the above link if it helps ?

Good luck

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

wilkingj

posted on 12/8/14 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
Even with an aeroscreen or deflector, I would still wear a Helmet.
With an Aeroscreen etc, you still have no protection from stones, bees, wasps, rain etc etc.

If you use a deflector etc then try to rake it so that it deflects the air to just above the head / helmet.
This will stop a lot of buffeting of your head, which can be uncomfortable and tiring on long journeys.

A full screen also means you can put a roof on when the weather is poor.
Even a flat Bikini top will offer a lot of protection for very little extra work.

Agreed a Windscreen will require wipers and washers, but a it's already IVA'd and on the road, you could get away with out a heater.
Just use Rain-X on the inside of the screen!
If I was doing mine again I would put on a windscreen.
I got wet just too many times in my Viento without a screen / roof. The UK just doenst lend itself to enough good days not to have a windscreen!

Admittedly a Black car with a Black jacket and Full face Black helmet going past you has to look pretty cool!
It gives the air of a mystery driver / car etc ;-)

Piddy did a very nice simple roof for his Luego Velocity, well worth considering.

linky
Just my 2d's worth.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
whitestu

posted on 12/8/14 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
Geoff's right. I found an aero screen made little difference and definitely still requires a helmet. Even with a full screen you will get a lot of buffeting.

A full screen and some decent side screens makes a huge difference however and transforms higher speed driving. With a roof as well the car becomes a lot more usable and means you can leave the car outside and get back in after a shower without getting a wet bum!

Without side screens a full screen can be worse that not having one at all because in the rain water comes round the side of the screen and runs over the back, so even with wipers you can't see a thing.

I had too many occasions sitting in traffic in the pi**ing rain getting soaked to the skin whilst my car slowly filled with water to not get a screen and hood.

All depends what you want to achieve really.

Stu

rusty nuts

posted on 12/8/14 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
I've been in several Luego's, with a screen and deflectors, I prefer a full screen ,my own car has a screen , side deflectors hood and side screens. The side deflectors cut the buffeting down hugely .

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.