raptor700
Contributor

Posts 241
Registered 28/2/09

Photo Archive Go!
Building: MK INDY R GSXR 1000 K5. Now sold..... Ready for th

posted on 17/8/14 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Mk indy RR new build diary

hi guys thought i would share with if you are interested my build diary of my mk indy RR

i sold my black mk indy r which was gsxr 1000 k5 powered about 4 months ago to a great guy called dominic who is looking after it very well. i built that with my dad and registered it on a 10 plate. i ran an automatic clutch and made my own push and pull hand controls as i am paralysed.

i ordered my new frame in may its a mk indy RR round tube chasis, a thinner full roll cage with front and rear anti roll bars
i have bought a low mileage 2012 hayabusa 1340 engine running a sbd dry sump system.

my aim with this one is to get it under 500kgs at iva, i will register on a new reg.

i have bought quite a lot of parts already, 13"cxr wheels, full wilwood calipers and pedal box, seats exhaust engine, fuel tank, bodywork is white, i have rear lights and loom, carbon dash.

Hand controls am thinking of a lever for the brake which i push, a twist throttle attatched with a clutch lever , full power upshifts on a klicktronic attached to flatchisfter expert and a throttle blip for down the box

i am slightly obsessed with powdercoating.

i made the tools to strip the diff all the way down to the casing removing the pinion shaft, powdercoated the casing and rebuilding with a quaife atb .

few pics below of the build so far, i have been prepping a lot of things ready for bolting on.

[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

rdodger

posted on 17/8/14 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Very nice

Those Sierra front uprights look fettled? Have you any better pics/details of them?

raptor700
Contributor

Posts 241
Registered 28/2/09

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 17/8/14 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
yeah i will put some on, takes me ages to pics on as i have to use photobucket and resize them for some reason i cant just upload striaght onto my archive

spent quite a lot of hours removing the abs part and drilling them out saved about 750kilos on both of them together.

40inches

posted on 17/8/14 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by raptor700
yeah i will put some on, takes me ages to pics on as i have to use photobucket and resize them for some reason i cant just upload striaght onto my archive

I use Image Resizer, you just right click and choose the size you want

hkp57

posted on 18/8/14 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, Nice work so far. I dont want to hijack your thread but as a disabled driver what would be thoughts around a build using the VFR1200 lump.

I currently have this in my road bike and thought it perfect for a disabled driver build or something a bit different from R1 and Busa builds.

The engine has a dual clutch transmission (DCT) which makes it exactly like top end car flappy paddle gearboxes.

Plus points

1200cc V4 layout with 170BHP as standard

shaft drive as standard so will sit the correct orientation as in the bike

6 speed dual clutch auto box with three modes, Drive, sport mode, and full manual buttons or paddles.

Standard ECU has selectable traction control and auto blip on down shifts

V4 sounds great, much deeper note than an inline four.

Better Torque figures than an inline four

Negative points

Still fairly new (2010) so a bit thin on the ground in breakers.
Not proven in a car that I know of.

[img] [/img]

[img][/img]

Fleet
SKC Raptor R - Hayabusa
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Limited Edition
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
DCT
Marlin Roadster 1800
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport

rdodger

posted on 18/8/14 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
From photo bucket you can directly link them to your post using the image icon above. Little square next to the email icon.

kentmagpie

posted on 20/8/14 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hkp57
Hi, Nice work so far. I dont want to hijack your thread but as a disabled driver what would be thoughts around a build using the VFR1200 lump.

I currently have this in my road bike and thought it perfect for a disabled driver build or something a bit different from R1 and Busa builds.

The engine has a dual clutch transmission (DCT) which makes it exactly like top end car flappy paddle gearboxes.

Plus points

1200cc V4 layout with 170BHP as standard

shaft drive as standard so will sit the correct orientation as in the bike

6 speed dual clutch auto box with three modes, Drive, sport mode, and full manual buttons or paddles.

Standard ECU has selectable traction control and auto blip on down shifts

V4 sounds great, much deeper note than an inline four.

Better Torque figures than an inline four

Negative points

Still fairly new (2010) so a bit thin on the ground in breakers.
Not proven in a car that I know of.

[img] [/img]

[img][/img]

I like the sound of that idea. It's about time there were different engines on the market for BEC'S. I've had an r1 indy and currently own a busa indy and already want something different than a inline 4 bike engine. Would love a v twin or a big bang r1 just for the noise. Over the next couple of years I'm hoping we see some ambitious builders mixing it up in the engine department. Not taking away from the OP though as this sounds like a very interesting build

[Edited on 20/8/14 by kentmagpie]

[Edited on 20/8/14 by kentmagpie]

raptor700
Contributor

Posts 241
Registered 28/2/09

Photo Archive Go!

posted on 21/8/14 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
couple of pics of the front hubs.

As for the v4 engine, it depends on the price of the unit including clocks keyswitch ecu and fuelpump , it sounds a good idea, the v4 will sound very well and if its mounted the right way you saving on sump mods. with an auto clutch it would be great, as for the automatic gearbox i have read mixed reviews in the mcn,i cant ride one and have never seen or ridden one so i have no idea how good it is as i dont always beleive everything i read.

how good is the gearbox? how good would it be as a fast road/track car in you opinion?
i dont think it would have the power of a 1340 busa but i think it would be cheaper.

[img][/img]
[img]http://[/img]
[img][/img]

ceebmoj

posted on 21/8/14 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
How are you going to getting it on a new plate? You clearly have more than one reconditioned part, I ask because it would be nice to get a new registration as well.
hkp57

posted on 22/8/14 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by raptor700
couple of pics of the front hubs.

As for the v4 engine, it depends on the price of the unit including clocks keyswitch ecu and fuelpump , it sounds a good idea, the v4 will sound very well and if its mounted the right way you saving on sump mods. with an auto clutch it would be great, as for the automatic gearbox i have read mixed reviews in the mcn,i cant ride one and have never seen or ridden one so i have no idea how good it is as i dont always beleive everything i read.

I have not seen bad reviews on the gearbox / clutch and personally dont listen to them much, on my 18 months with the bike it has been perfect, smooth fast up shifts, some times in Auto it can be a little slow to down shift but this is if you are being really picky. Be sure not to mix up reports with the NC750 DCT as it is the older technology and is a crap gearbox / clutch.

In manual mode the shifts are fast as you can press the button, only time it won't down shift is if you road speed is too fast for the gear you want (no blown engine wanted)

how good is the gearbox? how good would it be as a fast road/track car in you opinion?
i dont think it would have the power of a 1340 busa but i think it would be cheaper.

Yes top end power would be down on the Busa but you get better torque, so unless you want a fire breathing track monster the better torque would suit the road application.

Fleet
SKC Raptor R - Hayabusa
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Limited Edition
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
DCT
Marlin Roadster 1800
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport

CosKev3

posted on 22/8/14 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
Looking really good so far B)

That V4 engine does sound interesting,would the auto clutch/box be able to handle the weight/stress of the extra rubber on the road and weight?

quote:
Originally posted by ceebmoj
How are you going to getting it on a new plate? You clearly have more than one reconditioned part, I ask because it would be nice to get a new registration as well.

Make up some invoices on your pc and print them off

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.