Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Over fuelling micro squirt
ryanill

posted on 25/8/14 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Over fuelling micro squirt

Hi all

I'm after some help with a pinto on throttle bodies. It's been running on this set up fir a few years now absolutely fine.
Recently iv had tick over issues( running very rich) car smells of unburned fuel when idling but once the engine temp came up it would idel and run fine . This problem has been getting steadily worse untill the point the car is now chokeing and cutting out on idle and unless you get the revs up the car chugs and chokes along the road when driving.
I thought maybe the cold start enrichment was to blame but iv just plugged in the tuning soft ware and the air and water temp sensors seem to be reading ok

Any ideas guys ?

BaileyPerformance

posted on 25/8/14 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryanill
Hi all

I'm after some help with a pinto on throttle bodies. It's been running on this set up fir a few years now absolutely fine.
Recently iv had tick over issues( running very rich) car smells of unburned fuel when idling but once the engine temp came up it would idel and run fine . This problem has been getting steadily worse untill the point the car is now chokeing and cutting out on idle and unless you get the revs up the car chugs and chokes along the road when driving.
I thought maybe the cold start enrichment was to blame but iv just plugged in the tuning soft ware and the air and water temp sensors seem to be reading ok

Any ideas guys ?

Not sure if your the same Ryan..... Or the same car... Did we map your car afew years ago?
I'm sure we can help.

Dale.

Www.baileyperformance.co.uk
Www.facebook..com/baileyperformance

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locost@mintynet.com

posted on 25/8/14 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
I had issues with Megasquirt going out of tune a few years ago, it was found to be a broken alternator causing voltage issues. Check your battery and/or alternator.

Ian

ryanill

posted on 25/8/14 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaileyPerformance
quote:
Originally posted by ryanill
Hi all

Any ideas guys ?

Not sure if your the same Ryan..... Or the same car... Did we map your car afew years ago?
I'm sure we can help.

Dale.

Www.baileyperformance.co.uk
Www.facebook..com/baileyperformance

hi dale

yes we have been up to you a few times over the past few years mate.

after a day of playing to day i think it was the cold start enrichment staying on. iv fitted one of the spare sensors just in case clean the conector on the plug and belled through the cables the car now seems to tick over ok and dosent kick out black smoke when you raise the throttle. planning to put a LED in to show when the enrichment actualy running as this would have told us weather or not is was the issue.

one question i do have is. when i was testing the sensors were talking to the ecu i unpluged the water temp sensor i would have expect the resistance to be seen as very high by the ecu? and give a very low temp reading but when disconected the temp jumps to 72 degrees C on the tuning software. just wondering why that happens if you have ever come across it befor?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.