Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Got my plates.
b3ngy

posted on 7/10/14 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Got my plates.

So, the certificate for my plates turned up yesterday (Q plate) and the V5 turned up today.

All in all a two week wait from when Mr DVLA signed for it recorded delivery. Really happy with that as thought it would take a few weeks longer!!

Now for a quick moan.....why is it then that the DVLA took 19days to send me the registration forms in the first place??? I honestly don't understand how that place operates!!??

coozer

posted on 7/10/14 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Well done, all you need is for your letters to land on the right desk....

Took me about 45 minutes to get my plates and tax once I'd found the right person.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

gaz05

posted on 7/10/14 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
They've had my application for a fortnight. Last week they said a case had been set up and I should have my plates by the end of this week. Tonight they've got no record of it and I'll hear from them in a couple of days to tell me if they've found it or not. They really are useless.
b3ngy

posted on 7/10/14 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

They've had my application for a fortnight. Last week they said a case had been set up and I should have my plates by the end of this week. Tonight they've got no record of it and I'll hear from them in a couple of days to tell me if they've found it or not. They really are useless.

It's frustrating to say the least!

neilp1

posted on 8/10/14 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Nice one. I found it very frustrating as every time you phone them they fob you off!!
gaz05

posted on 8/10/14 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair to them they've really come through today. Had a phone call today and once I said it was an Amateur built car (which I told the other phoneline staff) it was traced in seconds. Put through to the person who is looking after it and I've been given an age related number and should have the paperwork by Friday.

ashg

posted on 8/10/14 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
the real problem is why should people have to chase the dvla. surely you put the forms in they process it and you have it back in less than a fortnight. any problems then they should contact you by your chosen method on the form, which understandably may add a small delay.

i have watched the lady in the local office process a v55/5 application back in the day of local offices and it doesn't take more than 20-30 mins to get everything done and a reg issued. two weeks is plenty of time. quick dirty calc, at 30mins an application take into account a bit of general time wastage(toilet coffee chatting, contacting people with incorrect applications) and an individual should be able to easily process 50+ applications in a week without working too hard.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

gaz05

posted on 12/10/14 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
Well, my car is still sitting in the garage. And the weathers great!!! Useless T##ts are still waiting for some paperwork from another section. I despair.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.