Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GoPro 3+ black edition settings
daveb83

posted on 4/11/14 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
GoPro 3+ black edition settings

Ive recently got myself a GoPro 3+ black edition to use while diving and mountain biking but am going to be taking it with me for my first track day on friday and am wondering if ive got it set up to give the best possible or at least half decent footage.

What settings do you use for recording your track day's?

Ive currently got it set up as 1080p 60FPS medium FOV with spot light off as will be mounted in the centre of my roll hoop.

tegwin

posted on 4/11/14 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
What are you trying to achieve?

If I want really cinematic shots I shoot in 2.7K at 24fps and downscale to 1080p and 24fps in post. Gives much better colour and contrast... The 24fps is more cinematic when played back.

I guess for track day stuff for fun, 1080p at 25fps would be more than enough? Unless you want to be able to do slow-mo crash shots?!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Davey D

posted on 4/11/14 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
I set my Hd Hero 3 black edition to 720p 100fps. Can't beat higher fps when there is a lot of action. Even at 720 the quality still looks great on my 47" tv
daveb83

posted on 4/11/14 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for that, im hoping there wont be any crash shots....

Think i might just try a couple of different modes on different sessions and see how they look when played back for future reference.

bi22le

posted on 4/11/14 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
I video all of my track days and one thing I realised a year or so ago is that I cant be bothered to watch most of the footage.

I also feel like I need to push harder or impress as the camera is rolling, a bad mentality to leave the pits with.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

HowardB

posted on 4/11/14 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
I video all of my track days and one thing I realised a year or so ago is that I cant be bothered to watch most of the footage.

I also feel like I need to push harder or impress as the camera is rolling, a bad mentality to leave the pits with.

I agree. The best setting is switched on and forgotten about. .....

Watch back for the highlights and lowlights.

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.